*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050423-The-Great-Escape
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1050423 added June 2, 2023 at 11:46am
Restrictions: None
The Great Escape
Prompt: Write a story using visual language. Add as many of these phrases as you can to work your brain in a new way.

burned like acid rain, mewling cats, tart taste making him pucker, clucked his tongue, adrenaline surged, a hissing rush, heat sizzled, staggered woodenly, sparkling wit or stuttered incoherently

See if you can tie BC0F's prompt together with this for a merit badge.
BCoF prompt: There's a figure standing in a darkened doorway...and...
It's your blog.
Have fun


---------------------------------

There's a figure standing in a darkened doorway, its silhouette barely visible and the moonless night throws ominous shadows, while the rain has stuttered incoherently ever since it started falling on the street.

This eerie darkness has burned like acid rain the eyes of another man, Jason.

His heart pounding against his chest, Jason presses himself against the damp brick wall. He feels he has come upon something he shouldn't have, something beyond his comprehension. That something is that figure, which has staggered woodenly and locked its gaze onto him, as if a predator.

The cries of mewling cats echoing from nearby and with adrenaline surged through his veins, Jason's throat tightens and the bile with a tart taste making him pucker surges up. He knows he has clucked his tongue nervously without wanting to.

When the figure steps forward, a hissing rush of breath escapes Jason's lips as he sees clearly the figure's face and its malevolent eyes devoid of humanity. This is a night of nightmares and Jason is in it facing this figure, but he summons a courage he didn't know he possessed and lets loose a sparkling wit.

"What do you want?"

The figure pauses, narrowing its gaze and possibly considering Jake's words. Then slowly, it raises a hand with long, bony fingers extending toward Jason.

"YOU!"

Right at that moment, however, a blinding light falls upon the earth, shattering the darkness as hooded figures emerge from the shadows and encircle the figure, chanting in a language Jason thinks as being ancient.

The air now crackles with energy and the forces of light and dark battle in front of him, causing a chaos, to give him an opportunity to escape. This heat-sizzled wet night has intertwined a magic with the malevolent figure that has scared Jason.

With a burst of energy, Jason turns and sprints down the rain-soaked street as his feet splashes through puddles.

Jason escapes.

Behind him, the battle rages on.


Although still haunted by that night's images, Jason now knows of the resilience and courage within him, his courage to know the difference. The difference between fighting or running away from malevolence.



.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050423-The-Great-Escape