*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050739-Smells-and-Sights
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1050739 added June 7, 2023 at 11:24am
Restrictions: None
Smells and Sights
Day 3760: June 7, 2023

Prompt: What is your favorite summer time activity? Describe in as much detail as possible.

BCOF Insignia signature dancing owl


I don't really have just one activity that is my favorite. One thing I really look forward too is opening the windows. In the warmer weather I can leave them open all night.

I can hear the sounds of the peepers (small frogs) on the pond. Crickets are one of the first sounds to herald the summer into place.

I can hear the sounds from the beaver damn out in the woods where Canada Geese nest in the summer. I have not walked out there for several years. The pond of the damn creates marsh grass, a couple of foot high, around the edges. Canada Geese do some chatter when the area is disturbed. I always wonder if a bear or human is prowling near the dammed-up water near where they nest.

Bull Frogs croak loudly in unison, Croaking in a deep resonating tone. This sound also is from the beaver damn. It is actually a kind of disturbing sound and probably would help some muse write a thriller.



And of course, there is the wonderful fresh air replacing the stale air within the house. We have so much cloudy weather in winter. In summer sunshine flows across the floors from the windows. The dogs and cats nap in the sunshine.

We all get more exercise by walking outside. It helps us be more relaxed.

Bye, bye cabin fever, hello sunshine, the smell of green from grassy fields and leafed out trees. I can sit on one of the porches and read. The roads are dry and clear for driving.

I think missing all these small but necessary parts of summer is what sends people from the North to the southern parts of the country during the winter.

Even so, winter also has its' blessings.

© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1050739-Smells-and-Sights