*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051052-Something-Happy-Every-Day
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1051052 added June 14, 2023 at 10:00am
Restrictions: None
Something Happy Every Day

Prompt: It is so important to do something everyday that makes you happy." Bob Ross, The Painter Write about this in your Blog entry today.


---------

Adding and mixing happiness boosting ideas and activities into my daily routine offer a lot of benefits, health-wise and in other ways. Plus, they also affect the way I feel and adjust to the world in general. I believe, above all, having a daily routine--even if I stray from it at times--organizes my thoughts and my life.

The first thing I do in the morning after the getting dressed and ready for the day is to make my bed. I found out that this small activity sets me out to meet the day well, every single day. Then I take a short walk, water the plants, and get breakfast.

Afterwards. I do what needs to be done as to taking care of the house and outside business. Putting things in order plus living in order makes my life more meaningful than when I would get up in the morning without having decided what to do.

The rest of the day, I read, write, text friends, and do stuff on WdC and online. I also try to learn a new language or add vocabulary to the ones I have already studied.

On an even more personal note, I have a 14 year-old black cat. I got her from my son who had her since she was a kitten. She's the joy of my life and, at this time, she's the first thing in the morning that binds me to the rest of the world. I also get in touch with either or both of my two sons and other members of my family like my cousins who have a great impact on the way I feel throughout the day.

Yet, the most important thing I try to do everyday is to make someone else happy or at least try to ease what's difficult for a friend or any other person. To me, these kinds of activities help generate a sense of fulfillment within myself.

In short, prioritizing personal happiness sets a positive tone to the rest of the day.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051052-Something-Happy-Every-Day