*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051134-On-Family
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1051134 added June 16, 2023 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
On Family
What makes your family unique and different from others? What do you love about them the most? What frustrates you the most about them?

=============

No two families are exactly alike due to the cultural backgrounds, values, traditions and individual personalities making them unique. The only sure thing I can say is, each person is an individual and we are quite different from one another.

Even in my own core family, we have been individuals. In fact, my two sons are so different from one another that sometimes I jokingly question if their father and I were the parents who raised them. Still, we have been close to one another through thick and thin.

My extended family, on the other hand, is a different story as its members are now living all over the world, which has added, in heaps and bounds, to our differences.

Yet, while I was growing up, we were a tight-knit family. I loved my uncles and aunts and one of my cousins has been a life-long best friend. The thing that splits the togetherness of the members of my extended family now has more to do with the political anything and individual views of the world. As such, some of my cousins evade one another. This is unfortunate because the generation of people before me (RIP to all of them) prioritized loyalty, respect, and some family traditions. Maybe, it is the ways of the world nowadays that people cannot adapt to and appreciate their differences.

Still, I suspect, deep down, should push come to shove, we would stick together. I might be dreaming, of course, but I'd like to believe that.



.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051134-On-Family