*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051165-Beyond-words
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1051165 added June 17, 2023 at 4:09am
Restrictions: None
Beyond words.
         Koe pondered the inquiry, "What lies beyond?" Heaven is an omnipresent force, impossible to evade. Words have always held a certain mystique for her. They possess an inherent power capable of taking her on a journey she never thought possible. Koe is but a humble servant to their whims, allowing them to guide her down whatever path they see fit. She has found that certain things have a way of resurfacing in her life, like old friends who come back to her when she least expects it. And so, Koe has learned to reuse them when the moment calls for it, like a well-worn coat that brings comfort and familiarity. The way they unfold never fails to surprise her, offering occasional moments of amusement and telling her that they would change themselves to suit her needs, not anyone else's. Koe found herself drawn to them. All of them, without exception, should have been left uncovered from the very beginning. It is an enigma that shall forever remain unsolved—the identity of the benevolent being who bestowed upon them a pristine layer of paint and a set of rejuvenated wings, allowing them to soar freely into the boundless sky time and time again. If Koe is incapable of granting them a level of liberty beyond her own, then what purpose does it serve to retain their presence? If one intends to love another, it is imperative to release them and observe their growth.

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051165-Beyond-words