*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051216-RevisitedNothings-unforgiven-in-the-four-corners-of-Hell
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1051216 added June 18, 2023 at 9:15am
Restrictions: None
Revisited:"Nothing's unforgiven in the four corners of Hell"
It's Time Machine Day, as looking at random posts from the past is what I usually do on Sundays. So I did my usual random number generation, which roped back this post from April of 2010: "Nothing's unforgiven in the four corners of Hell

Which was, essentially, content-free.

Sorry about that.

Not that I'm above linking videos, but I generally do it as a bonus, not as basically the entire entry.

I remember going to that concert, and I remember I enjoyed it, but apparently I never said another word about it in the blog.

It's been many years since I went to see a concert. This is not because I'm old or introverted; that's never stopped me before. It's also not because of COVID; I quit some time before that mess.

No, it's because of two things:

1) Live Nation / Ticketmaster. "Oh, look, concert tickets are only $125." *goes through the process* "Those tickets just cost me $250."

2) I flat-out refuse to pay for any events at venues named after corporations.

On the first point, if the up-front price had been $250, I might very well have paid it without complaint. But no, they have to add on service charges, convenience fees, venue fees, venue naming rights fees, taxes, the CEOs daughter needs a big wedding fees, overdraft fees, and fuck-you-I'm-a-monopoly charges. They're worse than banks or airlines at this bullshit, and that's saying a lot.

I did read an article recently about how they might stop these deceitful practices, but as far as I'm concerned, the damage has already been done. Screw them.

As for point 2, with all the above excess hidden fees, as well as at-venue advertising and overpriced concessions, you'd think venues would make enough money to keep their names. But no, there's no such thing as "enough money," so they whore out their very identity to some faceless corporation.

One day, if it hasn't been done already (I don't have the intestinal fortitude to look it up) there will be a Live Nation Arena, and hopefully a black hole of corporate greed will form underneath it and suck it into oblivion (while empty, of course; I'm not a monster).

So anyway, that Flogging Molly concert wasn't the last live show I ever attended. I think that was Brandi*Heart*Carlile sometime in the mid-tens.

A fine way to end a hobby I used to love.

© Copyright 2023 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051216-RevisitedNothings-unforgiven-in-the-four-corners-of-Hell