*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051328-Colors
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1051328 added June 19, 2023 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
Colors
Prompt: Colors
In his Nobel-Prize-winning novel, My Name Is Red, author Orhan Pamuk says:"Color is the touch of the eye, music to the deaf, a word out of the darkness... Delicacy manifests itself neither in weakness nor in subtlety, but through determination of will."
What does color mean to you and how do colors affect the way you feel?

=========

All colors talk to me in some way and my favorites among them change and morph according to the mood I'm in. This is because colors have a language of their own, evoking memories, conveying emotions and painting the world in their bright and pale hues. Their meanings, at times, transcend what my eyes can see.

A color speaks to me at the absence of sound or words. They stir my heart when a favorite color becomes music, with images and memories dancing before my eyes. When I gaze upon a breathtaking sunset, the golden strokes blending into fiery reds and soft purples remind me of letting go of another day in my life.

A spectrum of colors may evoke joy, sorrow, tranquility or excitement within my soul. Color breathes life into my life and into the void when it paints my dreams at night and my wishes and imagination during the day.

A few decades ago, I learned more about the effects of colors when I tried my hand in painting. Then, I discovered their soothing touch, vitality, and illumination. I also discovered that nothing is more bland than an unpainted canvas.

In short, colors are more than pigments and light. They are intangible forces that stir my imagination, wake up my senses, and expand the boundaries of my perception.


.



© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051328-Colors