*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051603-A-walk-through-Maine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2298665
A virtual travel guide to all dedicated hikers
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1051603 added June 26, 2023 at 8:10am
Restrictions: None
A walk through Maine
Welcome to your virtual walk through Maine! Maine, located in the northeastern United States, is known for its stunning natural beauty, picturesque coastal towns, and rich maritime history. Let's begin our virtual tour!

Acadia National Park: Our first stop is Acadia National Park, one of the most popular national parks in the United States. Explore its rugged coastline, granite peaks, and scenic trails. Don't miss the iconic Cadillac Mountain, the highest peak on the East Coast of the United States.

Portland: Next, let's visit Portland, the largest city in Maine. Stroll along the cobblestone streets of the historic Old Port district, lined with charming shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Visit the Portland Head Light, one of the most photographed lighthouses in the world, located in Cape Elizabeth, just outside of Portland.

Kennebunkport: Our virtual walk takes us to the picturesque town of Kennebunkport, known for its quaint New England charm. Take a leisurely walk along Dock Square, explore the shops, and enjoy fresh seafood from local restaurants. Don't forget to visit Walker's Point, the summer home of former President George H. W. Bush.

Bar Harbor: Let's head back to the coast and visit the scenic town of Bar Harbor, located near Acadia National Park. This charming coastal town offers breathtaking views of the ocean and a bustling downtown area filled with shops, art galleries, and seafood restaurants. Take a stroll along the Shore Path for stunning views of the harbor.

Mount Desert Island: Located within Acadia National Park, Mount Desert Island is a must-visit destination in Maine. Explore the island's scenic drives, hiking trails, and picturesque villages. Visit Jordan Pond, known for its crystal-clear waters and scenic views of the surrounding mountains.

Baxter State Park: Our virtual walk wouldn't be complete without a visit to Baxter State Park. This wilderness area is home to Mount Katahdin, the highest peak in Maine and the endpoint of the Appalachian Trail. Enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, and wildlife watching in this pristine natural setting.

Camden: Our final stop is the charming town of Camden, often referred to as the "Jewel of the Coast." Enjoy panoramic views of Camden Harbor and Penobscot Bay from atop Mount Battie. Explore the downtown area with its unique shops, art galleries, and delicious seafood restaurants.

Remember, this virtual walk through Maine only scratches the surface of what this beautiful state has to offer. Maine's natural beauty, charming towns, and friendly people make it a fantastic destination to explore. Enjoy your virtual journey, and perhaps one day you can experience it in person!

© Copyright 2023 WriterRick (UN: rick12221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WriterRick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051603-A-walk-through-Maine