*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051920-Dont-Touch
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2249612
My collection of poems and short texts for challenge, conests, activities.
#1051920 added June 30, 2023 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
Don't Touch
The old man was staring intently into an opaque jar as they entered the shop. "Don't touch anything", he said in a monotone voice, as he kept rattling the jar. The collection of containers, books and knick-knacks strewn across every surface was enough to make Ben's eyes cross. He drew a steadying breath as Julie knocked on the doorframe. "Excuse me, sir?" The old man glanced at them briefly, before looking back into the jar. "Twelve", he stated. "Twelve what?", Julie replied. "There are only twelve dried newts left, I thought there should be thirteen!". Ben and Julie looked at eachother, mouths equally agape, before Julie frowned and tried again. "We need your help, sir. My friend's brother is in a coma, and we think it's because of an amulet he bought here." The jar met the table in a loud clank."That dark haired boy, in the red jacket?" The old eyes now trained on them in an unwavering stare made Ben shiver. He replied anyway, "Yes, sir. He was wearing it before he collapsed..." "The fool!""...uhm, what?" "Your foolish brother was never supposed to wear it himself! Now I'll have to erase his memory and start over." Ben and Julie stole another glance at eachother. Julie was the first to find her words, "Uhm, ...erase... his memory? How?"She'd barely finished the sentence before the old man pointed a shiny object at them. "Like this."



Notes
© Copyright 2023 PiriPica (UN: pernille at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PiriPica has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1051920-Dont-Touch