*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052005-The-scar
by NelY
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2292262
... where my muse goes for 2023 ...
#1052005 added July 2, 2023 at 7:37am
Restrictions: None
The scar.
         I found myself perched upon a barstool, indulging in a solitary libation, when she sauntered into the dimly lit tavern and settled herself upon a vacant seat, a mere two stools away from my own. The barkeep inquired if she was indulging in her customary libation. She bestowed on him a bashful grin and acquiesced with a nod. Her boyish mane, a golden cascade kissed by the sun, bore subtle hints of earthy hues. I did reckon they weren't of the natural ilk. She possesses a cheekbone that juts forth, demanding attention, while her full and plump lips exude an air of sensuality. They were lovely, and they fit right in with her sharp face and eyes, which were the colour of the deep turquoise sea. What truly captivated me was the scar etched on the right side of her pale, delicate cheek. She didn't conceal it. The barkeep, with a sly grin, slid her libation across the counter, then sauntered my way, inquiring if I might fancy another round. I refused him, for my departure was soon to come. I dug into my pockets, pulled out a few crumpled bills, and handed them over to cover the cost of our libations. With a generous flourish, I bestowed upon the bartender a tip that would surely warm his heart, a token of my gratitude for his unwavering hospitality. She glanced my way, a smile dancing upon her lips, yet her countenance betrayed no astonishment. I rose to my feet, and as I made my exit from the smoky tavern, I caught a glimpse of her shadow trailing behind me in the mirrored surface of the door. We locked lips amidst the vintage allure of my '69 Chevy Mustang. Nothing could halt her. She bestowed upon me all that she had kept locked away. There were scars aplenty scattered across her slender frame. They, in fact, turned me wild. I couldn't recollect the hour of her departure, for when I roused from slumber, she had vanished into thin air. She was a magnificent force, a wild spirit dancing through the night. I hoisted up my denim trousers, emerged from the jalopy, and sauntered over to the trunk, where I procured a can of brew for myself. I perched upon the bonnet, puffing on a cigarette, and drained my beer as I beheld the arrival of dawn before embarking once more upon the open road. Just like her scar, she left me one to remember her by. It'll always be there.

© Copyright 2023 NelY (UN: nely at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NelY has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052005-The-scar