*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052165-A-walk-through-Indiana
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2298665
A virtual travel guide to all dedicated hikers
#1052165 added July 4, 2023 at 9:18pm
Restrictions: None
A walk through Indiana
Let's explore the beauty and charm of Indiana, beginning in the north and making our way south.

1. Gary: In the northwest corner of the state, on the southern shore of Lake Michigan, you'll find the industrial city of Gary. This is the birthplace of Michael Jackson, and you can take a tour of the modest home where he and his famous siblings grew up.

2. Indiana Dunes National Park: Just east of Gary, you'll find the Indiana Dunes, offering beautiful beaches, woodland trails, and some of the tallest sand dunes in the Midwest. It's a fantastic place for birdwatching, hiking, and picnicking.

3. South Bend: Traveling further east, South Bend is home to the prestigious University of Notre Dame. The campus boasts beautiful architecture, including the Golden Dome and the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. The Studebaker National Museum and the History Museum are also well worth a visit.

4. Elkhart: Known as the "RV Capital of the World", Elkhart is also home to the Midwest Museum of American Art, and the well-preserved historic Ruthmere Mansion.

5. Fort Wayne: As you move south, you'll come to Fort Wayne, a city with a rich history. Check out the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo, one of the top-ranked zoos in the U.S., or explore the city's history at the Old Fort Wayne.

6. Indianapolis: Continuing south, you'll reach Indiana's capital and largest city. Indianapolis offers attractions like the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (home of the Indy 500), the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, which is the world's largest. The city also boasts a vibrant food scene and a beautiful downtown canal walk.

7. Bloomington: Traveling southwest, you'll find Bloomington, home to Indiana University. You can explore the beautiful campus, visit the Indiana University Art Museum, or enjoy the music at the Jacobs School of Music.

8. Brown County State Park: Head east to Nashville, Indiana, and you'll find the largest state park in Indiana, offering stunning views especially during the fall. The park is known for its hiking trails, campsites, and scenic overlooks.

9. Columbus: Known for its modern architecture, Columbus is ranked sixth in the nation for architectural innovation and design by the American Institute of Architects. Here you can take a walking tour to see works by renowned architects.

10. Evansville: As we move further south, you'll reach Evansville on the Ohio River. Visit the Angel Mounds State Historic Site, one of the best-preserved prehistoric Native American sites in the U.S., or enjoy the Evansville Museum of Arts, History & Science.

11. Santa Claus: Finally, in southern Indiana, you'll find the town of Santa Claus, which attracts visitors with Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, a combination of a holiday-themed amusement park and a water park.

From beautiful natural scenery to exciting cities and charming small towns, there is a wealth of experiences to enjoy in Indiana. This virtual tour is just a taste of what the state has to offer!





© Copyright 2023 WriterRick (UN: rick12221 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WriterRick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052165-A-walk-through-Indiana