*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052263
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#1052263 added August 2, 2023 at 8:01pm
Restrictions: None
How Do I Say Good Bye By Dean Lewis
Prompt: 48 Hour Music Challenge Media
How Do I say Good Bye By Dean Lewis

I listened to this song and watched the video. This was hard. My father has heart failure problems and we just told my sister who lives in Florida. She is coming home to visit. I hope I have Dad for quite awhile, yet. He survived three tours of Vietnam. We weren't always close. He took up drinking and each trip from Vietnam, he got worse. He found God and Jesus. I went back to God and Jesus and I am glad I did. Saying good bye. I hope I don't have to. We had good memories for 10 years before he first went to Vietnam. We had pillow fights and he woke me early and said Mom was taking me to the movies to see The Beatles Movies, A Hard Day's Night and Help. Mom and I and four of my friends were at the movies for 8 hours to watch The Beatles! Back then, you bought a ticket and stayed as long as they played it over and over. Dad had to go the base that day. He was in the Air Force and was on call. Dad took me to the Base hospital for an ear infection and a couple of minor illnesses. He took me and Mom to see JFK at Andrews Air Force Base and to see the astronauts Grissom and Young. He and Mom took me to see all the sites at Washington, DC. Dad was afraid to face me after he found out he had another daughter who was two years older then me. I had been an only child. I am okay with this.

Over the years, Dad and I fought over my boyfriends. I didn't do anything right. I was like a female Eric from That 70's Show. He was rough on me. My house burned down, I had a hysterotomy and Dad was there for me. I was there for him when he had a stroke and he came out of it but I remembers he was down and ready to cry. He just got home from the hospital. I hugged him and said we got this. Mom and I will help you through this. The past 23 years, we aren't close but we are there for each other. I don't want to lose him. I love him and need it. He wasn't there for me all those years growing up. He was in Vietnam. Thank you, Vietnam. NOT!

Mom and I are very close and Dad knows that. We had each other when Dad was in Vietnam, Iceland and always flying to different countries for his job. I don't want to say Good Bye to Mom and Dad. I won't be able to handle it. I pray and thank God for Mom and Dad everyday.




© Copyright 2023 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052263