*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
7
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052418
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Seuzz
Rated: GC · Book · Occult · #2180093
A high school student finds a grimoire that shows how to make magical disguises.
#1052418 added July 10, 2023 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Flirtations with Disaster
Previously: "Two Faces and More

Lin's a nice girl who would sometimes even talk to you—albeit, that was back when you were dating Lisa—so you quickly discard the idea of using her sex life as the subject of Fairfax's social experiment.

* * * * *

After lunch you have Yearbook class, which Cindy always finds aggravating because it's dominated by Chelsea's claque—Kendra and Gloria and Maria—even though Chelsea herself isn't in it. So when Cindy isn't skipping (which she often does) she sits with Kerri Mullen and Ellie Kemp of the volleyball squad. That's what you do today, but even then you're quiet and withdrawn, pulling back to do "deep research" online in social media. When asked what you're doing, you say you're trying to find subjects for possible inclusion in the "Movers 'n Shakers" section of the book.

Mostly though, of course, you're looking for alternative bits of gossip or dirt that you can feed to Fairfax for his "experiment." And you find you can't keep your eyes off him, not when he's sitting just a little ways away, on the other side of the room, wearing the face and body of Maria Vasquez. Not that anyone could tell; not that you could tell if you didn't know that it was really him. Maria is a notorious space cadet, the kind of girl who (in the words of one of Cindy's friends) could drown by staring up open-mouthed into a cloudburst. She is perpetually distracted and has to be summoned back to reality with a snap of the fingers in her face, or by a rough shake of her shoulders. Sometimes even then she gives the appearance of only half-returning from outer space; and when she does fully return she will often shoot the interrupter a reproachful look before sinking back down into another reverie. Cindy often wonders what the hell Chelsea sees in Maria, but also feels a little sorry for her. She seems like a sweet girl, and to the best of Cindy's knowledge has never engaged in any of the skullduggery that Chelsea's other friends get up to. So it seems a shame that she's caught up with such a poisonous crew.

But of course the real Maria is out of it now. The fake Maria, though, is doing a very convincing imitation, frowning into her cell phone (like the real one is always doing in Yearbook class) and slowly chewing a piece of gum while her two friends chatter and whisper and snicker. Her gaze, though intent upon the screen, is still somehow vacant, as though she is staring through the screen into an emptiness behind. You dip out of your own researches long enough to get onto Discord and post a short note: I'm still thinking about Cindy and Seth idea, but need time. If anyone has another idea though I'd vote for it. That seems a safe enough statement: discouraging without closing a door that you have not, in fact, chosen to shut yet.

Fairfax must have some kind of alert thing set up on Maria's phone, because as soon as you post that note, Maria comes briefly to life and starts scrolling and tapping at her phone. A dull, vexed frown appears on her face as she bores holes in the screen with her eyes, as though trying to remember how the apostrophe in "I'm" works. Then the phone droops in her hand as she lifts her face to gaze vacantly into the distance. Her eyes rove the room and drift over your face, locking onto your eyes for just an instance before resuming their orbit. Finally, she lays the phone down; her head falls to one side; and her mouth hangs open as all the life goes out of her face, body, and eyes. It looks like she's going to start drooling from the corner of her mouth.

Kendra apparently notices, and reaches out to snap her fingers in Maria's face. The girl starts visibly, and after vaguely recovering herself she gives Kendra a slow, dirty frown. Then she picks up her phone and goes back to slowly scrolling across it while working at that piece of gum.

* * * * *

Sixth period is Calculus. Will Prescott and Carson Ioeger are in that class, and without seeming to look for them, you make a point of picking them out of the corner of your eye when you come sweeping in. Beta-Will is shifting uneasily in his chair, but he freezes when he sees you. Carson is preoccupied with pulling books out of his bag, but he too slows up to surreptitiously eyeball you. He shouldn't have, for it gives get a wicked idea.

Casually, as though you're on your way somewhere else, you swing into the row where they are sitting one behind the other, and drift toward them. Carson finishes fishing out his book and pretends to be absorbed in it, but you know he's watching you—or your legs; his face is ducked low—as you approach. You smile privately to yourself as you bend to mutter in his ear.

"Seth says he's gonna be looking for you and your 'motherfucking friends' after practice. I don't care if he finds you, but maybe you care."

You straighten up and stroll over to your usual seat next to Kelly Rinaldi and Josie Holden, to greet them with Cindy's usual smiles and expressions of regret at having to be here in math class.

And yet it is one of Cindy's favorite classes, for it is full of football players. Cameron Huber, the quarterback, shares it with his girlfriend, Anne Starkey, so he has to be careful about who he ogles. But Brian Kelly, Roy Nelson, and James Bridges are free to stare at you, and Cindy often puts on a show for them. You do too, and lean into it a little harder today, taking out a comb and brushing out your long, lustrous hair while chatting vacantly with Josie, and sitting with one shimmering, sexy leg crossed provocatively over the other where the guys can see it. You even glance in their direction—through and between them—but paying close enough attention to confirm that they are staring at you. It makes you want to preen even harder. God, you'd love to have me, wouldn't you? you think even while listening with bland attention to Josie as she tells you the latest story about the cute thing her dog did. You'd love to fuck this body. But it's my body now, you mouthbreathing morons, and I'm the one who gets to play with Cindy's pussy. You giggle appreciatively when Josie reaches the climax of her story.

* * * * *

Seventh period is Visual Journalism, and it's the one class you approach with some trepidation, for beta-Carlos and beta-Mike will be in there. If they are in character, nothing should happen, for the class is firmly divided between those who are taking it because they aim to be "on air" talent, and those taking it because they like to run the equipment. (Okay, there is one exception to that rule: Chris Love, the sexy soccer player, is almost as enthusiastic at playing with the mechanical toys as he is at playing for the camera.) So, normally, Cindy has little to do with Mike and Carlos. But you worry about how the betas will act.

And it looks like your worst fears are going to come true, for they keep horsing around and tossing glinting, secret grins at you while snickering and muttering to each other. It puts you out of sorts, to the point that you retreat, muttering, to the corner of the room to bitch about them with James Brewer. "Those guys are always fucking annoying, but today they're being extra stupid," you fume from behind crossed arms.

James, who is a well-coiffed clothes-horse known for his gracefully flirty ways and serial dating, smiles with melancholy sympathy. "One of 'em probably dreamed about you last night, and been telling the other one all about it," he says.

"Yeah, well, they should get fucking permission before they have those kinds of dreams about me. Uyckhh!"

"Cut 'em some slack, this is the closest they're gonna come to having any kind of real fun."

"It's practically sexual assault! I could get 'em in real trouble if I told Mrs. Hart what they're doing over there!"

You don't complain, of course, but you make a special note to say something to Eva and Jessica. For it's not so much that you're grossed out by their behavior (though you are, somewhat) as that you're rattled by the fear that the betas will accidentally let something slip.

* * * * *

Finally comes the last class of the day, AP English, where you rejoin Seth, to nuzzle and coo at each other just inside the doorway until it's time for class to start. It's all pretend, of course, and you feel wicked glee at the thought that he has no idea who you really are. But it's also a little disconcerting how buzzy your cunny gets as you scrape your face against his and murmur little affectionate nothings.

After classes are over, you stroll with Seth to the gym to watch him at practice, taking a perch high up in the bleachers; on the other side of the gym are seated Chelsea, Kendra and Gloria, who are today joined by Maria as well.

You're joined by Yumi. "God," she says after settling in next to you. "Look at Chelsea. Fucking hard t'believe that tomorrow it's really gonna be Josiah sitting over there shaking her hair out."

"And she fucking deserves it too," you agree. "Getting herself skinned and worn by him."

"Fucking amen, bro. That's happening tonight, right? Wanna go watch?"

"We'll ask 'em to call when it's done, then we'll all go out."

"I wanna watch."

"Then go. I shouldn't, though. Might put Chelsea on her guard if Cindy's there."

Yumi gives you as sidelong look. "You gonna be off sucking your boyfriend?"

"Shut your fucking trap, Tilley."

"Pft. It's not like you're talking to Philip about going through with that rumor bullshit!"

And maybe you are. Not because you want to marry Seth Javits. Jesus, no! But a rumored engagement, coming prior to the break-up you and Keith are planning for them, could really fuck with Seth's head.

That's all for now.

© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052418