*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052664-Revisited-Exercise
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1052664 added July 16, 2023 at 7:59am
Restrictions: None
Revisited: "Exercise"
Reaching deep, deep into the past today, this entry comes to us from January of 2008: "Exercise

It's just a short personal update from a previous incarnation of myself that I can't recognize today.

I went to the gym today for the first time in over a year.

Younger Me had no good excuse other than "working too much" and "playing video games." Me? I haven't been to a gym since March of 2020.

Mostly, I hate the gym because I never quite know what to do there. Yeah, "excercise," I know, but on what?

It has been pointed out to me since then that many people don't actually go to the gym to exercise, but to socialize. This makes no sense to me, like going to the movies to do something other than watch a movie, visiting a bar for any purpose other than drinking, or going to school for some reason other than learning. While it is true that I almost never do anything for only one reason, I always had this thought in my head that the primary purpose of a gym was to work out. Apparently not.

Also, note the embarrassing typo. I spelled exercise wrong in the entry but not in the entry's title. Blame it on the pain.

But with my back the way it is, it was pretty much "swimming."

At some point after this entry, I went to a doctor and got one of those steroid epidural shots. I don't have the greatest memory, but I remember pain quite vividly, and that was incredibly painful, for a few days. After that, my back pain lessened to the point where I could usually live with it.

Made my leg so parts of it couldn't feel anything, but hey, less pain.

© Copyright 2023 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052664-Revisited-Exercise