*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052720-Bards-Hall-July-2023---COLD-FEET
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1052720 added July 17, 2023 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
Bard's Hall July 2023 - COLD FEET
"What do you mean, it's over?"

"Just what I said - over".

"But I don't understand. The RSVP's have been returned, the hall has been booked and decorated...What will your mom say? What will my mom say?"

"At this point, I do not care. I've changed my mind."

"Again I ask: Why?"

"It doesn't matter. I don't want to go through with the wedding, the marriage. It's better to have some disappointment now, rather than a messy divorce later."

"If you feel this way, why did you even accept my proposal?"

"I was caught up in the moment - the surprise of it all. The ring was glittering, and you had such hope in your eyes and smile. I was really excited at the time. How could I have said no?"

"You are saying 'no' now. I still don't understand -I cannot force you to marry me. Just know, that I honestly believe that you will regret it one day."

"I don't think so. We hardly know each other."

"That's what being married is for: getting to know each other. We will never be 100% sure of the future. I cannot believe how wrong I was."

"I'm sorry you feel that way. Here, I'm giving the ring back. I wish you well in the future. It just won't be a future with me in it."

"Thank you for the return of the ring. It means a lot to me, being it once belonged to my grandmother. Maybe you are right; Perhaps you have saved me the unpleasantness of a future disaster. Good-bye. I hope you don't mind paying for the coffee, since you've called everything off."

"Well, so much for being a 'gentleman'. I will pay for the coffee. Good-bye."


Word Count: 252

July Prompt: Dialogue Only!






signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052720-Bards-Hall-July-2023---COLD-FEET