*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052756-Summer-Heat
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1052756 added July 18, 2023 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
Summer Heat
Prompt: "Silent Summer - a never-ending heat wave, devoid of birdsong, insect hum, and all the weird and wonderful living noises that subconsciously keep us company." ~ Mark Lynas


BCOF Insignia signature dancing owl

Some of the prompt is close. Certainly, we are having a lot of summer heat. The heat is accompanied by high humidity. When it is not to hot it is raining. I did notice a lack of birdsong in the afternoons and also insect hums. But early mornings Birdsong still hails the rising sun. And there are lots of insects to bother us on a regular basis. Water does not stay in the bird bath long.

Our mailbox is old and was filled with stinging bees at one point. They were the kind that become enraged and sting without warning. They harbored yellow and black stripes. We disposed of them because it was the only way to get them out of the box.

Interestingly, the mailman never complained. Once, I removed mail out of the box only to find a few bees stuck inside the pile of mail in my hand. I dropped the pile of mail they flew out and missed stinging me.

Another time this spring there was a large spider stuck in the pile of mostly circulars, when I removed the mail from the box. Spiders run from me, so it was not a problem. It jumped free of the pile of mail in my hand and ran off through the lawn grass. Probably happy to be in the green jungle where it could hide from the two-legged monster. (me!). *Laugh*

The most unusual thing I noticed early mornings is the shine from the sun as it rises. It is a bright clear white light. Unlike the coloring of the sky, I am used to when I'm up that early which is most days.

I saw something online about it but, did not read the whole article. Now there is a new article about the depression in people being caused by the unusual weather. Did not stop to read that one either.

Hope everyone is well and safe. I'm getting on WDC as often as I can. Maybe I will be into a better routine soon and can come back daily again. Happy Trails.













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2023 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052756-Summer-Heat