*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053457-Junior-Jubilee
by Seuzz
Rated: GC · Book · Occult · #2183561
A high school student finds a grimoire that shows how to make magical disguises.
#1053457 added August 3, 2023 at 8:09am
Restrictions: None
Junior Jubilee
Previously: "Choosing Cinderella

(text by rugal)

You find yourself drawn to the category simply labeled as "Juniors," and though you had already dismissed the possibility of underclassmen in your mind you guess you hadn't actually said that explicitly to Deanna. That much is made clear by the message under it: I know you said seniors but I think this is worth looking at too.

Deanna's not exactly wrong, you guess, and if she took the time to include it as a category then you should at least be willing to give it some consideration. You can't see yourself wanting to be an underclassman but the juniors are close enough to the seniors so you decide to see what she thinks about the people who will be replacing you all at the to of the social hierarchy next year. With each name, you make sure to check their socials as well.

The first on the list is Dallas Lockhart. You click the link to her Instagram and see a girl with an long light brown hair and an energetic prettiness. A lot of pictures are with a large group of girls who are almost equally good looking, and a lot are with even more at various parties and outings. She doesn't necessarily seem to be the center of attention most of the time but she seems to be active and popular all the same.

Dallas and most of her friends really, really want to be cheerleaders next year, states Deanna's description. Peyton Morrow is kind of the lead of that group but she's in a feud with another girl named Stacey Stahl over a guy she likes. Some of the others aren't quite notable enough. I actually asked Chelsea about them and she said she knows of all of them and that if everything played out fairly then Dallas would probably have a good shot of making captain.

That's kind of intriguing, actually. You'd said you wanted to stay more low key but there's a certain excitement you think that you'd get from laying low for the year and then running things more out in the open once the Chelseas and Pattersons of the world are gone. Oh, but you totally want to be a senior. That's just indulging in hypotheticals, of course.

Next is Leah Parrish. Another girl who looks pretty and popular but you see in her pictures and posts that she's a clear sidekick to an attractive, sturdy looking brunette. Compared to Dallas, her vibe is more muted and with an air of fancy coolness.

That girl I mentioned under Dallas' entry, Stacey Stahl? Leah's one of her buddies along with another girl named Rhea Ware. I don't really know enough to say if they're like Kendra and Gloria or not and Chelsea didn't know either. Stacey is one of those girls who wants to be Future Chelsea but I don't get the impression that Leah and Rhea plan on joining the squad. Leah seems to hang out a lot in the more hipstery places around the campus and I think she's in some art classes so maybe cool, mature, artsy girl is her thing? I think she'd be a better choice than Rhea. Rhea is P-R-E-T-T-Y but her vibe is very brrrrr lol!

The next name on the list is Rebecca Leary. Her pictures seem to gravitate between grave seriousness and more fun and freewheeling. There's a lot of pictures of her and other members of the track team as well.

She's both an athlete and an AP girl, Deanna's notes say. She's part of this group of popular girls down in the junior class centered around another girl named Alexis Lachance, who's probably going to be one of the big power centers in the senior class next year. But she's also on the track team. You know, close to Catherine Muskov? I figure that you probably want Catherine on your team so one of her teammates is probably good for getting close to her.

With that done, you move onto another girl who looks prim and self-assured—smug, really—in appearance with not even a single strand of her long strawberry blonde hair out of place. Her features lean close to plain but not necessarily unattractive and given that her... assets are noticeable even under the looser shirts she seems to wear, you reckon that she probably looks nice underneath those clothes.

Naomi Batson is a violinist in the orchestra. On one hand, it seems like a lot of people in the junior class see her as an annoying striver and teacher's pet but on the other, she seems to also be tacitly accepted into a lot of the musical and AP groups. Maybe like an annoying cousin or something idk. But ambition will help you while being just annoying enough for nobody to take seriously. Her family has $$$ too.

The last person is a girl who gives off a quietly intense vibe. She's pretty enough and from various pictures it looks like she plays an instrument but she's got a seriousness to her and she looks like she's in better shape than some of the athletes.

This is Annabelle Edwards and she plays piccolo in the marching band. But she's not a soft girl at all... I mean, look at those arms! So, from what I can gather, both her parents are in the military and stationed out at the fort so she has, like, that tough and serious military girl mindset. Stemple kind of has her as the person in charge of the juniors in the band and I see stuff about how she can have a drill sergeant attitude some times. But I guess she doesn't treat herself any different than she does others which is why she's in great physical shape. Maybe someone like that with leadership skill and discipline would be good for us.

You checked more out of curiosity than anything else but looking at the candidates that Deanna's provided, her notes, the social media profiles... you think you're actually sold on the idea of becoming a junior girl. Hell, you wanted to be somebody who could run things from the shadows and certainly nobody would suspect an 11th grader of being in charge of people like Chelsea and Catherine and whoever else will make up your team. So what the hell? You can always make the swap and then weigh your options as the school year draws to a close.

So you'll be a junior. The question is, which name do you send back?

Next: "The Piccolo Player

© Copyright 2023 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053457-Junior-Jubilee