*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053676-TUYC---What-does-it-mean
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1053676 added August 5, 2023 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
TUYC - What does it mean?
Prayer Prompt
Pray for the elderly.

Who are the elderly? Those of advanced years, or who just "feel" advanced, due to infirmity? Possibly both. Those who are worn down by cares of the world. Lord please look with compassion to those who are left behind and possibly alone. To those whose families have forgotten or have not taken the time to connect with them. Show them your love, and bring someone to minister to them; to be a friend to them. In Jesus' name.

blog prompt
What does it mean to you to take up your cross?

Matthew 16:24-26
King James Version
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

I believe that the commission was three-fold: 1st - Deny self, 2nd, Take up his cross, and 3rd, follow me -

Deny self it's pleasures, that is selfishness or possibly, what is easier to do. Take up the burden for others, live your life as Jesus did. This is a very hard thing to do, and it is not a popular view with the world; we are always told to "look out for # 1. Following Jesus - He first talked to the Father, sometimes shutting Himself away to do so; but then His compassion for the lost would take him to minister to them. He was often tired, but God gave Him the strength to do what was needed.

This has been a convicting message today.


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053676-TUYC---What-does-it-mean