*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053712-Determination-vs-SensibilityA-Juxtaposition-Embraced
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1053712 added August 9, 2023 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Determination vs Sensibility...A Juxtaposition Embraced
On weights day, when I first start lifting, I know immediately where my body is at. In fact, I get some precludes beforehand but try not to allow any negativity (if it is negative and not positive, the latter of which also happens occasionally) to determine/define the workout that follows.

Today was no different. I always listen to my body when it comes to exercise. I had an idea it was going to be a struggle because I pushed quite hard two days ago, slightly upping my weights across the board and although I wasn't sore, I already felt some fatigue in my muscles.

The choice at that point is to push even harder, or back off. That is not always an easy choice to make because sometimes there are other factors to consider. During my Muay Thai days when preparing for a fight, backing off wasn't usually considered the way to deal with fatigue and soreness. The other guy and what he was doing was a great motivator and it is surprising sometimes just how durable our bodies are. Also, our minds naturally encourage laziness and even a slight amount of weariness, can make training a non-event if we allow it to dictate.

Therein lays the quandary...which message do we listen to? This is an impossible question for me to answer for anyone but myself. But with experience and a balanced outlook, the decision for me is usually an easy one to make. For example today. Putting all the factors on the table and making the right choice to back off the weights, also came with a compromise...extra cardio.

There are no excuses for failure when we do everything we can in order to succeed. And yet, failure will still come to even the most prepared. Luckily, we learn more from failure than we do from success.

Finding that perfect point between our mind and body is elusive, if not impossible (perfection is by evolutionary standards, an impossibility because of the amount of variables involved). Although learning the intricacies that co-exist between mind and body, by trial and error, is not just the only way to improve, but also the most satisfying...especially when it comes to the results we both see and enjoy as a result of our efforts.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053712-Determination-vs-SensibilityA-Juxtaposition-Embraced