*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054405-Our-Sun
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1054405 added August 21, 2023 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Our Sun
Prompt: Our Sun and the Summer Solstice
What do you feel and think about our sun and its life-giving properties and the summer solstice (on June 21), which has been important culturally since the Neolithic era?


----------

As everything, our sun too has a good side and a bad side. On the good side, it is a source of and energy and it sustains life on our planet and maybe on other planets in its system, too. On the bad side, we get sunburns if we stay too long under the scorching rays of it in summer. And if we were to lose the atmosphere that protects the earth from the sun's hot wrath, the entire earth would turn into a desert.

The real summer solstice is on June 21, but Thursday, December 21, 2023, at 10:27 P.M. EST will be the winter solstice, that will be the beginning of the winter season. The summer solstice serves as a reminder of the Earth's dynamic relationship with the Sun and the intricate interplay between celestial mechanics and the conditions that make life possible.

In many cultures, the summer solstice is a time of jubilation and merriment. The abundance of daylight and the arrival of warm weather have historically been associated with growth, fertility, and vitality. Fire festivals, bonfires, and outdoor feasts are common traditions during this time, symbolizing the triumph of light over darkness.

As for today, August 21, the sun is in LEO, a fire sign according to astrologers with the gemstone ruby. Although most religions don't like astrology or divinations, St. Augustine did consult astrologers in his life. He wrote that in his memoirs. So, I guess even the most pious of us can't help but take a look at the events of the sun, as a fun hobby.


.



© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054405-Our-Sun