*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054966-Mercy-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1054966 added September 1, 2023 at 3:37pm
Restrictions: None
Mercy Me!

The days are getting shorter and the nights a little cooler. With September 1, more than the WDC birthday is afoot in my little kingdom. Fall is definitely in the air.

School has started. Windows stay closed. The sun sets earlier and rises later. The sunlight seems less intense. We are harvesting the garden bit by bit.

But I tell you what, the mess behind me, the one I've told you about, is continuing to grow. Mercy! Now there are more branches, more cut logs. another table saw. There are baby clothes on hangers on a clothes rack. A large green ladder appeared as well as three baby bouncy seats. Soon there won't be room in the driveway for the big white truck that drops off these items nightly. The couch is still there, the wooden table, the wooden chairs, the storage unit: still there. And we just had a whopper of a rain storm the other night. So Now I am thinking this is a hoarding situation??

We've talked about what will happen if they, meaning the mysterious occupants of this house, park in our drive, miniscule as it is, in front of our garage. If we get blocked in, we are calling the sheriff. No walking over to the house. No talking to them. You just don't park without permission in someone else's space.

Then today we hear a chainsaw. A few doors down, someone is cutting down all the lovely lilac bushes. Cutting down a plum tree. Oh mercy, I never like to see trees or bushes of any sort cut down. Trimmed, pruned, of course. But eliminated? No. Getting things to grow here are difficult enough. Some lilacs in town are decades old, if not hundreds of years old. Then again, it's their property. We just recently planted a new lilac bush and are protecting some old bushes. We lovingly water them in the summer, protect them from deer until they get a little larger. And greenery helps the environment. Shade in the summer. Oxygen. Sigh...

I do have a plan. I am going to the city offices come Tuesday. Complaining. May not help, might work.

Oh, and another thing happened to end my summer with a bang. I woke up yesterday with eye pain and a huge red eye. We had to go to Billings for my knee MRI, so I stopped at the eye doctor. He checked it out. Yes, spontaneous hemorrhage. But it will resolve. But look at this Norma. You have something else happening in your eye's interior. Perhaps we need to check out this anomaly in a month. Glaucoma was tossed about.

Ever felt like you are in a tiny ship on the ocean being tossed about, clinging to the mast?? That's me.





© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054966-Mercy-Me