*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055188-Welcome-To-My-Reality---September-2023---30-prompts-posted
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1055188 added September 22, 2023 at 7:06am
Restrictions: None
Welcome To My Reality - September 2023 - 30 prompts posted
Prompts for September:


1. Your Personality, Likes, Dislikes

Some would say I'm an extrovert - I'm a people pleaser or a social butterfly, flitting from person to person. I have the gift of "gab" and can get along pretty much with anybody. I take it to heart if someone doesn't like me, but it doesn't paralyze me like it used to. I like cooking (especially baking), crafting, music, TV shows and writing. I'm not a fan of bullying people or bad mouthing people. I have a concern for people in general and will pray for those I am concerned about.


2. What are the 3 things you like most about yourself?

I get along with most anybody and make friends pretty quickly. I like to think that I encourage people. I also enjoy sharing the Word with others, and praying for them, if they want me to.

3. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

My biggest thing I'd like to improve upon is organization. I get going on things and then jump from one thing to another. I'd like to be able start/stop something with a purpose of staying neat and organized. (my desk *Mindblown*

4. So Close: Write about coming close to reaching a goal.

In 2021, I started going to a gym and pool. I was determined to get into shape (other than round *FacePalm*). So I started doing stationary bike rides, doing squats and pushing weighted sleds. I also did water aerobics and swam/walked laps in the pool. Gradually I was getting better and stronger, and my A1c dropped below 7 - A healthier me was in sight.
Then I moved away from my gym to another state. I continued to work, but about 3 months into work (July of 22) I got a double kidney infection due to stones and ended up in the hospital with sepsis. I was a week in the hospital and two months of P.T. to get my strength back. After numerous surgeries, I still haven't gone back to work. And my shape has become round again and I really don't want to mention my A1c number *Blush* So here is to starting over; baby steps, but with a determination reborn. I will not only come close, but achieve my new goal - hopefully before I "level up" to 58.



5. Drinks on Me: Write a poem or short story that takes place at a bar.

6. Online Friends: Write an ode to someone online you’ve met and become friends with.

How hard it is to pick a friend,
For I have several now, you see;
Brother Jay, Buddangela, and TJ are just a few I can mention.
There's Lilli, and Megan, and Jody as well
Encouraging and being encouraged almost every day.

We share a love of a community, and prayers for one another;
If not, then well wishes and good vibes abound.
There are so many more that I haven't named;
We'd be here a while if I tried.

Know that my heart is full of joy
For the friendships I now know.



7. Admiration: Is there someone you admire? Write about those feelings.

There are several people that I admire - but I'll keep it close to my heart -
My kids are going to college in order to better themselves. My youngest has a growing family with three kids ages 11,10 and 6. She and her husband work hard to provide, and pray and give their troubles to God. I am very proud of my kids, one and all; and my heart is full of a mother's/grandmother's love.



8. Trash Day: Write from the perspective of a garbage collector.

Once a week, the same old thing
Picking up other's debris
It's not like they couldn't recycle
Most of what they discard.

Boxes, cartons, bags and more,
Fill the dumpsters full;
Did you really need a 6ft TV?
Or everything from Amazon?

I guess I shouldn't complain;
It's hard not to fuss.
I guess I can call it job security,
For all of the trash that's tossed.



9. Mailbox: Open your mailbox and write something inspired by one of the pieces of mail you received.

Take a look at the paper you clutch,
Bills and ads galore
Everything is on sale now,
Come and shop some more!

Don't forget to pay your bills
Otherwise we'll cut you off;
I hate the mail nowadays,
I see it all and scoff.




10. Fresh & Clean: Write about how you feel after you take a shower.

I'm refreshed, exfoliated and rid of dandruff, clean as a whistle. Relaxed and ready to take on the day. It's a good feeling, and sparks my energy and motivation. Funny, knowing what I know, how it is a chore just to get in the shower, but ever so grateful when I do.

11. Energized: Write about how you feel when you’re either at a high or low energy level for the day.

This is pretty easy: When I have "high" energy, I'm like a machine. Getting things done, and organized and then feeling pretty good about things in general. This is when I do a lot of writing as well, as working on my crafting projects.
On the other hand (and there is another hand), Low energy means I just look at my crafting projects and sigh. Writing isn't as much fun, and becomes a bit of a grind that I have to push through. Naps are my fall back, and when low energy hits, I am a napper.

12. Rhyme & No Reason: Make up a silly rhyming poem using made-up words.

13. Tech Support: Use computers or a conversation with tech support you’ve had as inspiration.

14. Hotel: Write from the perspective of someone who works at a hotel or staying at a hotel.

15. Underwater: Write about sea creatures and under water life. What’s under the surface of the ocean? What adventures might be waiting?

Turtles, octopi, fish of all sorts
Dolphins, sharks and whales
Each in their own little circle
Intertwined with the ocean.

Giving, taking, it's the Circle of Life.
Going on since Creation.
We would do well to leave it alone,
But as intruders, I don't see it happening.




16. What’s it like deep in the ocean? How did you get there?

It's dark and menacing deep in the ocean.
It sends chills up my spine;
There are all manor of creatures that go by,
In their own little world, sublime.

I have no desire to travel there;
So I'll go in my imaginings.
One reason, there is no air,
Also there's the tragic happenings.



17. Breathing: Take a few minutes to do some deep breathing relaxation techniques. Once your mind is clear, just write the first few things that you think of.

Inhale, Exhale, Breathe In and Out
Unknotting the chaos in my mind.
Purposing myself for a future, which is as yet undecided.



18. Liar, Liar: Make up a poem or story of complete lies about yourself or someone else.

19. Obituaries: Look at the recent obituaries online or in the newspaper and imagine the life of someone and write about that person.

A singer, a dancer, an actress beyond compare.
How she would week after week solve crimes with such flair.
In her younger years, she was beautiful, age made her handsome.
Known for Bed knobs and Broomsticks to singing Beauty and the Beast
I can only imagine the things she has seen, being born in 1925;
Sadly passing in 2022, after a full and engaging life.
I look at her work, and watch the programs, and am glad to have been entertained by her.

Angela Lansbury, 10/16/1925 to 10/11/2022.



20. Pocket: Rummage through your pockets and write about what you keep or find in your pockets.

I don't usually wear clothes that have pockets, but what a treasure trove you'd find if only you would look in my "bag of holding", commonly known as my purse. Mask, toothbrush, sanitizer, mouthwash, tissues, receipts and even a pen or two. Sometimes it gets heavy and then I know I have to clean it out once again.


21. Cinquain: Write a cinquain poem, which consists of 5 lines that do not rhyme.

Early morning excursions
Into the writing foray;
Wondering what I will shall
Discover in my thoughts and
Imaginations.


22. Alphabetical: Write a poem that has every letter of the alphabet in it.

Something I learned, I'm not sure when,
The following phrase in time:
"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"
All of the alphabet without any rhyme.



23. Comedy Club: Write something inspired by a comedian.

24. Cheater: Write about someone who is unfaithful.

Keeping secrets, remembering lies;
A double life is lived.
Unsuspecting partner goes about
Not aware of the deception.

A crack in the façade finally breaks through,
And all is laid to waste,
The range of emotions fly about,
The shattered pieces are all that remain.



25. Sestina: Give it a try to write a sestina poem.

Here's to first time trying it, after researching this form *Mindblown*

"A Sestina form of poetry

26. Fight: Write about witnessing two people get into an argument with each other.

Voices raise, arms are flailing;
Insults traded, getting nowhere -
Back and forth it goes, no one is winning.
Everybody needs to step back and breathe.

I didn't see how it started,
I'm afraid of how it will end;
No one is getting their point across,
Which is the heart of the matter.




27. Social Network: Visit your favorite Social Networking website (ie: Facebook, Pinterest, Google, Twitter, etc.) and write about a post you see there.

Pinterest has so many ideas posted. It is hard to pick out one. Holiday features abound, from Halloween to Christmas. Lots of recipes and crafts to delight any and all preferences. You can spend all day on the site and not see everything. It's a magnificent way to waste the time away.


28. Peaceful: Write about something peaceful and serene.

A bubbling creek
flows smoothly over
rounded colorful stones

There is grass growing at the water's edge,
Enough to hide the tiny fish.
Feeding them and holding onto their eggs.

Laying by the water, looking up into the cloudless sky;
Is there anywhere more peaceful?
I wish I could go back.


29. In the Clouds: Go cloud-watching for the day and write about what you imagine in the clouds.

A nameless face, or
perhaps a turtle.
A fairy riding on a dragon.
Cotton candy aplenty.
These are the images I can see.




30. At the Park: Take some time to sit on a park bench and write about the sights, scenes, senses, and emotions you experience.

31. Sonnet: Write a sonnet today.

32. Timer: Set a timer for 5 minutes and just write. Don’t worry about it making sense or being perfect.


Typing, writing, not making any sense. Following what the mind goes to when on a timer. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I am giving it my best shot. I hope that I will be able to keep up with the timer. Racing, racing, trying to figure out what to say in this little exercise. I am writing and trying not to edit what I've written. How much longer will it go? it seems to take forever. It's only five minutes. How much can one person write in 5 minutes? Going on to the next thought in my mind. The weather is a 50-50 chance of rain and sun. Typical for a Texas September. At least it's not in the triple digits anymore. That was just an intense time this summer. At least there wasn't the humidity to drown you while you walk. only baking. The timer is still going, so on and on I write. I am surprised that I've gotten this far in the paragraph. I am running out of things to put down on paper, so to speak. Is the five minutes up yet? There it is!


33. Dance: Write about a dancer or a time you remember dancing.

34. Write for a Cause: Write a poem or essay that raises awareness for a cause you support.

I've done some poetry and some word searches on awareness - here are a few:

 
CROSSWORD
Diabetes Awareness  (E)
Diabetes Awareness Month
#2284724 by AmyJo- only 2 steps behind -


 
SEARCH
Self Care  (E)
Caring for others, is important; Caring for self is vital
#2281884 by AmyJo- only 2 steps behind -


 Caverns of the Mind  (E)
mental vastness
#2282231 by AmyJo- only 2 steps behind -


35. Magic: Write about a magician or magic trick.

36. Out of the Box: Imagine finding a box. Write about opening it and what’s inside.

37. Under the Influence: What is something that has impacted you positively in your life?

38. Forgotten Toy: Write from the perspective of a forgotten or lost toy.

39. Rocks and Gems: Write about a rock or gemstone's meaning.

I have three gems that could be used for my birthday. The first is the pearl, the second is moonstone, and the third is alexandrite. My favorite of the three is the pearl. I've just always liked pearls and I have a pearl ring that a friend gave me that I treasure.

https://www.gia.edu/birthstones/june-birthstones#:~:text=The%20June%20birthstone...



40. Remote Control: Imagine you can fast forward and rewind your life with a remote control

I'm not sure that is a good idea - to be able to fast forward or rewind parts of my life. I am cynical enough to believe that I would only screw things up worse than I did before. I guess it might be nice, health wise, to maybe forestall the onset of diabetes. That might be the one thing I would do differently.


41. Symbolism: Think of objects, animals, etc. that have symbolic meaning to you. Write about it.


42. Light at the End of the Tunnel: Write about a time when you saw hope when it seemed like a hopeless situation.


I guess the biggest "light at the end of the tunnel" was when I got sick in 2022. I was out of it due to medication and surgery for a week, and I only have mixed images and foggy recollections. I was finally lucid after about 7 days, and I was grateful to be able to go home at that time. It's taken about a year, and I'm still not at 100%. But I am grateful to be alive and working on becoming better, physically and mentally.



43. Smoke and Fire: “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” Use this saying as inspiration for writing today!

44. Railroad: Write about a train and its cargo or passengers.

This is actually on my bucket list. To be able to go across country on a train. To see the vastness of the countryside, and to visit places I've never been. I am hoping to be able to do this with my friend Pam or my sister Dawn.


45. Clipboard: Write about words you imagine on an office clipboard.

46. Shipwrecked: Write about being stranded somewhere – an island, a bus stop, etc.

This gives me "Castaway" vibes. I've never really been stranded anywhere. I'm lucky in that sense. I couldn't imagine the hopelessness that comes from knowing I'd be all alone. I don't do well in isolation. I'd end up being "over the cuckoo's nest" for sure. Not being able to escape where I was. Nope, not for me.

47. Quotable: Use a popular quote from a speaker and use it as inspiration for your writing today.

48. Mind Map it Out: Create a mind map of words, phrases, and ideas that pop into your head, or spend some time browsing the many mind maps online. Write a poem, story, or journal entry inspired by the mind map.

49. Patterns: Write about repeating patterns that occur in life.

50. Scrapbook: Write about finding a scrapbook and the memories it contains.

51. Cure: Write about finding a cure for an illness.

It would be great if a cure for all types of cancers could be found. I've lost several family members due to this insidious disease. I know there is a way of unlocking the secrets to this disease; and I am sure that there are many people who are tirelessly working toward that goal. This one will be for the history books, and perhaps as wonderful a turning point as when smallpox and polio cures were found. I pray that this day will come, sooner, rather than later.



52. Email Subject Lines: Read your email today and look for subject lines that may be good starters for writing inspiration.

53. Doodle: Spend some time today doodling for about 5-10 minutes. Write about the thoughts you had while doodling or create something inspired by your finished doodle.

54. Chalkboard: Imagine you are in a classroom. What does it say on the chalkboard?

55. Sticky: Imagine a situation that’s very sticky, maybe even covered in maple syrup, tape or glue. Write about it!

56. Flashlight: Imagine going somewhere very dark with only a flashlight to guide you.

57. A Far Away Place: Envision yourself traveling to a fictional place, what do you experience in your imaginary journey?

58. On the Farm: Write about being in a country or rural setting.

59. What I know about me...

60. Promise to Yourself: Write about a promise you want to make to yourself and keep.

61. Write about the kind of weather you are having.

62. Write about hardships.

63. Write about a blessing you received.

64. Lone Wolf. Write a story or poem, however you choose, and what comes to your mind.

65. Why or why not do you look forward to holidays?

66. Write about your three favorite holidays.

67. Who are you closest to in your family? Friends? WDC?

68. What do you like most about September?

69. What do you like least about September?

70. Write about the lilies in your valley.

71. What do you do to get out of a funk that you have been in?

72. Tell me about a hearing in a courtroom?

73. Reflections: What does your reflection tell you?

74. The Beat: Write about your beat.

75. Do you remember that song: September? Write about that any way you choose. Yes, you can link the song to your entry.


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055188-Welcome-To-My-Reality---September-2023---30-prompts-posted