*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055291-Blog-Week-7
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1055291 added September 7, 2023 at 7:20am
Restrictions: None
Blog Week #7
Last Prompt 7
Write a movie review of one of the last movies you watched, on television, online, or in the movie theatre. Make us want to see that movie!



I haven't watched a lot of movies as of late. I've watched several series, and some documentaries, but no actual movies.

The series I just finished watching (again) is called the Tudors. It was originally on Showtime, but I streamed it on Amazon Prime.

It is of course about the life of Henry the 8th, played by John Rhys Meyers. While I like him as an actor, I believe he was miscast, as according to history, Henry was tall for the times, at about 6'2" tall. He also has red/auburn hair. Truth be told, some one like today's Prince Harry would have been a good pick. Other than that, his eyes *Mindblown* drew you in and you didn't know you were in trouble until it was too late. When the trap was sprung, it was game over.

The Henry Tudor we've come to know is a complex person, but something happened to "turn a switch" in him to drag him down the road to tyranny/madness. This character also does not like the word "No" at all. There is a lot of sex/nudity in this show that to be honest was a bit superfluous in my opinion. But hey, sex sells, right? *FacePalm*

Even with all of that going on, the era is a fascinating one; full of political intrigue, and shows the lengths one man went in order to have a legitimate son. The irony of it all was that of Henry's 3 children, it is his middle child, Elizabeth, that went on to be one of the most famous queens of England.

As it is a Hollywood-ized version of events, of course you have to give license for time constraints, and plot development and what all, but it's not a terrible show to watch.

I watched it because I am a fan of the Tudor Era. It was a groundbreaking time, a time of uncertainty, and while I enjoyed visiting it via television, I would not have wanted to live in that time.


I give this show a 3.5 to 4 star rating depending on how much of a fan you are of the cast. I enjoyed it, and have watched it probably 4 times now.



signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055291-Blog-Week-7