*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055370-Unexcused-absence
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1055370 added September 8, 2023 at 1:04pm
Restrictions: None
Unexcused absence
After too long an absence, I've returned. I managed to get back on my bicycle this week...over 39 miles this month...I'm hoping to get in a hundred for the month.

I've toyed with the idea of playing flute for a long time. I tried guitar but just couldn't get my fingers to reach around to play the chords. Piano, much like my writing, I just couldn't get enough glue in my seat to keep me down and at it. So, I'll give the flute a shot, hope springs eternal in my life.

I was able to get a prescription for a medication for my anxiety issues. It seems to work but it has messed up my sleep...so I'm hoping it is just simply adjusting to the medication...if not, then I have to decide whether the good outweighs the bad. I'm still waiting to get an appointment with a mental health provider.. The Veterans Administration is handling it. They couldn't get me an appointment with in-house providers until the end of April so I asked for an outside provider. The counselor I had talked to had told me I should be seen outside. So, it's now "hurry up and wait".

My limited time with the bicycle has been quite productive as far as my cardio health. My heart rate does exceed the limit per the guidelines but it recovers quite well. That's a good sign. And my blood pressure, which tends to be borderline, was the lowest I've had this morning. And, my resting heart rate is in the 50s now, something that it hasn't been since my 20s when I was running.

I purchased some of these high visibility shirts like the highway workers wear for when I go out riding. I also have flashing head and tail lights. I'm sure it's overkill but I don't bounce too well and some of these cars feel a 55 mph speed limit actually means 80. Now I need some cooler weather but I go in the early morning. The bad side of that is the people driving to work but the good is it is cooler. I went a bit later the other morning to miss some of the traffic but the temperature went up 6 degrees while I was riding...no thanks.

I'm also interested in use of a kayak for my photography pursuits. I don't swim (yet I was in the Navy) so I'm a bit hesitant. The state does offer a course in kayaking near me so I'll go to that next week and hopefully learn something. Unfortunately, they are not inexpensive. And I am looking at a new lens...it seems the money never goes as far as I want. And nothing is getting any lower priced.

I think this must be it for today. I ordered new glasses yesterday. Promptly I somehow lost my two pairs of prescription glasses. After my cataract surgery, I need reading glasses...so, I'm having to rely on off the shelf cheapies until the new ones arrive. Of course, the ones I had were scratched (hopefully I'll treat new ones better).

Tim

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055370-Unexcused-absence