*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055472-On-Kindness
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1055472 added September 9, 2023 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
On Kindness
Prompt:
“Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Let this quote inspire your entry!


-------

This quote is so like for Roosevelt to say. To me it means--within his frame of mind--, human kindness plays a major role to bolster the strength of a society with freedom and self-determination.

For those who look down upon kindness as a show of weakness, kindness is not and has never been a sign of vulnerability. In fact, the strongest people, that is people who are strong inside, are the kindest people. This is because, in a world where power and dominance are often associated with harshness and ruthlessness, it is crucial to recognize that compassion can be a powerful force for unity and resilience.

In any group or society that favors the interconnectedness of its members, people--through mutual kindnesses--, strengthen their bonds of trust and cooperation and thus, they can withstand just about any dilemma. This happens since acts of kindness, empathy, and understanding can impart a sense of solidarity, a moral glue, and a mutual support.

Groups that are most resilient do embrace kindness as well as compassion and freedom, so everyone can feel free to express their opinions, pursue their dreams, and live according to their own values, as well as having a sense of belonging and responsibility to the other people in their group.

Also, kindness has the power to reduce differences and tension, should those arise in diverse and crowded societies. In a free society, differences of belief and opinions are inevitable, but rather than prohibiting or mindlessly agreeing with such perspectives, approaching then with empathy and a true willingness to understand can lead to peaceful coexistence and social harmony.

Although Roosevelt has said this quote for human societies, there has to be more to kindness than kindness among people. When we all can show kindness to other living beings, animals, plants, and our earth, we might have a better functioning planet without so many weather extremes and better managed resources for the human race to continue its existence.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055472-On-Kindness