*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055485-TUYC---Challenges-for-Christians-Today---For-Sept-9th
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1055485 added September 9, 2023 at 2:28pm
Restrictions: None
TUYC - Challenges for Christians Today - For Sept 9th
Prayer prompt
Pray for your local economy.

blog prompt
What do you think is the biggest need, controversy, and challenge for Christians today?



These are just my opinions, and I am pointing the finger at me as much as anybody, so please do not take offense.

Biggest need: To have the compassion of Christ. The burden for the lost, the frustration of those who claimed to be close to God, but did not do what he commanded. The continual reminding the disciples to trust drove our Lord to prayer. Some Christians treat church as a "country club" and gather to meet friends and hang out, rather than use it as a tool for evangelism. I have been guilty of this.

Also - the sense of urgency seems to be lacking. We are told to always be on the lookout for the bridegroom, as we have no idea when He will come. The story of the Ten Virgins in Matthew 23 explains:


“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.


Controversy? Those "mega-churches" with multi-millionaire pastors. We are not supposed to lay up riches in this world, but to lay up riches in heaven. I don't necessarily think it's a sin to be wealthy, I just think it is a poor example on how to serve God, when you are busy storing up riches on earth, rather than using it for ministry purposes.

Challenge? I believe Christians are always going to have challenges here in this life. For one thing, we are swimming "against" the current of the world. We need to be steadfast in our testimony, and to also remember to pray for one another.

Proverbs 27:17
Amplified Bible
17
As iron sharpens iron,
So one man sharpens [and influences] another [through discussion].













signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055485-TUYC---Challenges-for-Christians-Today---For-Sept-9th