*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056506-What-a-Pain
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1056506 added October 1, 2023 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
What a Pain
Our third and likely last camping adventure is coming up fast; we leave Friday and return Monday, so it's time to get everything in order. I know, it should be already done, but September was a busy month and it didn't get done. What can I say?

Yesterday we celebrated my mother-in-law's 89 birthday with a surprise gathering of friends and family. The day started out great, but shortly before we left, I got up from sitting and had to step around Bellah and Max, our pups, who always like to lie by my feet. I didn't want to step on either of them, so I had to do a bit of a twist and step to gain clear footing, and guess what?

I felt a tightening in the right side of my back, kind of like having a cramp that ran from just below my shoulder, over my right kidney, and down into my right hip! I tried to stretch it out, but it wouldn't let up. Within minutes, my lower back began to spasm, and by the time we left, I was once again suffering from an old back injury.

I didn't let it stop me and enjoyed a nice visit with some family and friends, sang Happy Birthday, and helped a dear lady celebrate her birthday. But, since I knew it would likely get worse, my wife and I drove separately, just in case I had to leave earlier than she did. I did have to leave and return home around five, which was fine since the two dogs were at home and needed to be let out.

But, by this time, I was feeling a hot, searing pain in the lumbar and sacrum area of my spine! I took it easy all evening and was hoping after a good (as good as possible) night's rest, it would feel better today. Instead, it has increased and is causing some pinching of nerves, numbness in my feet, and making it difficult to do anything more than sit, which also starts to hurt if I don't get up and move around.

To make it even worse, my chiropractor, who does wonders with my back issues, is in Italy for two weeks! I know, right? Why would she plan a vacation when my back is going to go out? Anyway, she likely didn't know, or perhaps I should curse my back for going out while my chiropractor was gone. No, it's already cursed and doesn't need any more.

It does this, goes out for no real reason, from time to time, and yes it's a pain, but it's old news. It usually corrects itself in a day to a week and ends as quickly as it started. But, I'll be taking things easy for a while and hoping it's better by Friday and won't impact our camping trip. In the meantime, it does provide me with a lot more time to spend in WdC and if I can get comfortable enough, may even give me some time to write a bit.


© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056506-What-a-Pain