*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056775-Responsibility
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1056775 added October 4, 2023 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Responsibility
"Note: 48-HOUR CHALLENGE : Media Prompt Deadl..."

Honestly schools should teach responsibility. It should be a separate subject, compulsory, every year. And if you fail Responsibility, you fail the whole year.

You are responsible for what you do.
Except under very extreme circumstances, the buck stops at you.
And if you're the one who 'made someone do' something they didn't want to, then you're responsible for your actions and theirs.

So -- it should start at home, with little chores and little acts of kindness.
And taking the consequences of not doing those chores, or of not choosing to be kind.
It should go on to school. Maybe even be graded or marked, if that's the only way to get it in, though I think internal rewards are better than external ones.

But yeah -- have the responsibility, understand the consequences of not fulfilling that responsibility. No 'made me do' allowed. If it starts with the small things, the big ones will take care of themselves. (Not that I'm saying don't put the measures in place for those, but there'll be less of them.)

Learn responsibility. Teach responsibility. I wish I could make you do that.

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056775-Responsibility