*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056776-Usually-Its-Better-Than-This
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1056776 added October 4, 2023 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Usually, It's Better Than This
Usually, It’s Better Than This


Unfortunately, the above blog title is true. Today hasn’t been a normal third day off from work aka a Wednesday. Usually, my Wednesdays are kind of laid back and relaxing before I get ready to go back to work at midnight for the Thursday morning shift. At least I think that I still have my shift there.

I took a company survey a couple of days ago, and I wasn’t very nice about what I had to say about the company and the post where I work. It was good for my ‘so-called unofficial’ supervisor, but other than him I didn’t let anything hold me back about what was going on there and with this company. As a result, I may or may not have a job to go back to.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they waited until I got there to tell me I no longer worked there. That has happened before. So, it could happen again. I don’t think it will happen. At least not tonight. If they are going to do it, they will probably wait a week or two before they do it. Then they think they can come up with a good excuse to fire me.

The survey is supposed to be anonymous, but I have been told things like that before too. Another reason why I don’t think anything will happen tonight. If they do, then I will know it’s not anonymous after all. They also know what will happen if they fire me unjustly. I will sue them, and it won’t be to get my job back.

Of course, there are other ways to get me to quit. One of those ways is to stop me from writing completely. If they do, it will be another form of retaliation, and that’s not supposed to happen with this survey either. That’s another point of it, not being anonymous too. I don’t think they are that stupid. That will be another reason to sue them.

Speaking of my writing, I got kind of sidetracked again, didn’t I? This blog entry is supposed to be about what I didn’t get done when it comes to my writing. Unfortunately, I didn’t get too much done on my WDC Short Story for this month. Don’t get me wrong. I did get a little bit of it done, but not too much of it.

I still don’t know about the second Short Story contest that I have been entering lately. Still don’t have a prompt for that one yet. Probably won’t until this weekend. If I’m even lucky enough to get it, then. I do have another contest that I can enter this month. So, in a way, I still do have two contests to enter this month after all.

Also, I have three more weeks of days off to write them. I would have four weeks, but it is not quite four weeks this month. After all, the last day of this month falls in the middle of my days off from work. Shouldn’t have any problems getting two short stories written in that amount of time. Three if I ever get that third prompt.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056776-Usually-Its-Better-Than-This