*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057172-Day-10---Plot-Rising-Action
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2305610
Plotting a novel from scratch for a change of pace. Should be fun.
#1057172 added October 11, 2023 at 5:55am
Restrictions: None
Day 10 - Plot: Rising Action
Richard initially sees Maddy whilst waiting to go in and see the Ladyboys of Bangkok show with his friends. They do not speak, but Richard is sure that Maddy has seen his interest, and is embarrassed. He ignores his friends suggestions that he should go over and speak to her. He uses the reasonable excuse that she seems to be with someone else.

He subsequently sees her out walking alone on the seafront, but again is too nervous to approach and speak to her. He is sure she has seen him, and she smiles at him, which he then cannot get out of his mind.

Next day he is waiting for her, despite the weather being wet, hoping she will be about at the same time, but she doesn't appear, (she is at work).

Dave and Jim urge Richard to try again, and the next day he sees her, and introduces himself. Their mutual attraction is obvious. They spend a long while talking and getting to know each other. Both have unhappy relationships.

Maddy is working the next day, and then going out with Paul, but they agree to meet briefly during her lunch break. They do so, but unknown to them, they are seen by Shaun Smith, who subsequently tells Paul.

When Richard and Maddy next meet, Paul is waiting, and he confronts them, warning Richard off, and making Maddy know that he's going to make her regret cheating on him. Richard reacts badly to the threat and a fight seems in the offing. Jim has seen the developing argument from the hotel, and he and Dave come down to prevent bloodshed. Richard texts Maddy later, but gets no reply.

Next communication is from Maddy via a friend at work. A letter telling him that Paul is checking her phone for messages, and so she can't reply safely that way. She thinks it might be better if they see no more of each other. He waylays her as she leaves work, and persuades her that they should run away together. Maddy is afraid that Paul will kill Richard if he sees them together or hears about their meeting, and is too distraught to think about the idea. Reluctantly she agrees to see Richard again to discuss the possibilities.

Richard discusses things with Dave and Jim. Jim offers to put them both up at his house for a while if that would help.

Paul is watching Maddy closely, and prevents her going out to meet Richard, who concludes that she isn't interested. This leaves him feeling like life has nothing much to offer him. He agrees to take part in Dave's 'Not a bank robbery' despite the risks.

The trio dress in very stereotypical and therefore obvious robber clothing. Striped shirts, partial masks and carrying bags labelled 'Swag'. They go into the bank that they've chosen, only to discover that a real robbery is in progress. All three take charge of the situation, with Dave calling the real robbers bluff. Richard identifies one of the robbers as Paul, (the other two being Shaun and Nick). The robbery ends with the arrest of Paul and his companions.

Paul's arrest frees Maddy to meet with Richard, and they decide to be together.

*** At some point during all this, It might add to the drama if Gemma came to Llandudno, demanding to know why Richard's phone is off.
© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057172-Day-10---Plot-Rising-Action