*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057341-UPDATE--New-Merit-Badge--Group-Features
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#1057341 added October 14, 2023 at 2:36am
Restrictions: None
UPDATE: New Merit Badge & Group Features
*BurstY* New...

What I'm about to post below has been tested only by me. Ya'll are far better at finding ways to break things than me. *Laugh* *Thumbsupl*
So be warned: It is new and bugs may exist. *Bug* If you find one, please report it to me. *Heart*


Merit Badges in the shop, now have descriptions and genres!
These are just intended to add some depth and interest to badges.
With this change, the backend system for Merit Badges has been revamped...
which opens the door for other additions to the system in the future.
(I'm still filling in some of the "WDC" badges... There's a lot!)

And ... with this change comes a really cool update for Group Merit Badges...
Group leaders (level 15 only) can now edit parts of their group Merit Badges!

          *Bullet* Add a short description of the badge.
          *Bullet* Set up to 3 genres on your badge.
          *Bullet* Manage who can award your badge.
          *Bullet* Plus, find some badge stats!


Head to your Group Badges from the newly refurbished group navigation:

         Psssst Lilith of House Martell - don't miss it this time... *Bigsmile*

         


Look for the *Gear* icon on the badge, under the *Magnify*.
(BTW, the *Magnify* links to a search for that one badge.)
         


Click the gear and you'll get a badge editing screen:

         

* As you can see, with this update, we now have the ability to change Merit Badge names... something that was very complicated in the past due to the system (or lack thereof). This should be used very sparingly and is intended only to correct typos, which sometimes happen with new badges. If you need a badge name changed or have been holding off requesting a correction, please contact myself or SMs.


That's all for now... but more to come! *Cool*


Enjoy! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2023 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057341-UPDATE--New-Merit-Badge--Group-Features