*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057381-Day-13-Character---Antagonist-Profile
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2305610
Plotting a novel from scratch for a change of pace. Should be fun.
#1057381 added October 14, 2023 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Day 13: Character - Antagonist Profile
Paul Probert

Birthday 7th May
Age: 32

Paul is 6'2", has brown hair and is solidly built. He usually looks like he has a bad smell under his nose. He's bossy and can be quite aggressive. He was spoilt as a child and has grown up believing he's entitled to do as he pleases. It annoys him greatly that his life so far doesn't reflect his dreams.

He drives a second hand Audi, which he likes to drive fast and he has the exhaust modified to 'growl'. He enjoys socialising with his mates, and with Maddy. He supports his local football team, and goes to matches with Nick and their Dad. He likes to go to the pub with Maddy, and sometimes they will go to 'Blooms', which has a reputation as being a gay bar. Paul likes being there, but is very edgy when entering or exiting, in case he is seen.

Paul is conflicted about Maddy. On one hand he is totally into her, but on the other he feels insecure about this, and is very aggressive if he thinks anyone is commenting on his sexuality. Maddy helps because she is naturally quiet and submissive, and also dresses in a very feminine manner, allowing Paul to feel masculine when they are together.

He gets on reasonably well with his brother, Nick, who though he's older is generally happy to follow Paul's lead. Nick knows about Maddy, and basically couldn't care less, which is a relief for Paul. Their father also knows about Maddy, and doesn't approve, but limits himslef to the occasional snide remark as Paul is now bigger than him, and has a nasty temper.

Paul doesn't like Shaun Smith much. They were at school together and never really got on even then. Despite this, they knock around together because of Nick. Paul is convinced, (correctly as it happens) that Shaun laughs about him and Maddy behind his back.

Paul works as a van driver for Amazon. He doesn't like his job, and is always complaining about how much is expected of him. He is however quite good at what he does, and is well thought of by his bosses.
© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057381-Day-13-Character---Antagonist-Profile