*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057484-Day-16-Theme-and-Possible-Resolutions
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2305610
Plotting a novel from scratch for a change of pace. Should be fun.
#1057484 added October 16, 2023 at 7:37am
Restrictions: None
Day 16: Theme and Possible Resolutions
As there are three protagonists, it is not surprising that the story has several themes. The obvious one is about bonds of friendship, as the trio share their exploits.

One of the main themes is 'boy meets girl', although slightly modified and updated as the girl was once a boy. This applies to Richard.

Dave is dealing with mortality, believing himself to be dying.

Jim is dealing with the staleness of life and the urge to change something.

Possible Resolutions

What about Gemma. After Richard gets Maddy, following the arrest of Paul, Gemma appears. She is not happy about Richard's phone being off, and is livid that he wants to leave her for Maddy.

What if Jim suggests she go with him instead, revealing that he has long admired her? Would she be interested?

What if the Doctor's message isn't a complete 'you aren't dying', but a stay of execution - possibly of several years? (This makes it all a bit less 'it was all a dream, which it may seem
- a bit too pat an ending).

What if Maddy stands up to Gemma? Unexpected as Maddy is generally shy and not given to conflict, but revealing that she will fight for something she really believes in.




© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057484-Day-16-Theme-and-Possible-Resolutions