*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057562-BCoF---Love-and-Power
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1057562 added October 17, 2023 at 12:22pm
Restrictions: None
BCoF - Love and Power
Prompt: “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
― Jimi Hendrix
How does this quote relate to peace?


To me, this quote makes sense. The power of love is putting others before yourself. It is looking at other people's needs and helping to take care of them in a merciful way. Or at least trying to do so. It is not a "me first" thinking. My ultimate example is Jesus and his words: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

The love of power is grabbing everything you can and to not worry about anyone else. "Me first" mentality.

One sees this in politics - even if someone genuinely wants to help others, it comes at the price of selling your soul, otherwise you won't last long in the "game".

I wonder when that change of thought came into play? We used to elect others to represent us in our wishes for government. Now indifference to elect people, not voting, and those who hang onto power for power's sake, even when they are unfit to be in office, due to infirmity, etc. has made politics a quagmire that one can be easily drowned in.

Just my two cents' worth



signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057562-BCoF---Love-and-Power