*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057639-Time-flying
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1057639 added October 18, 2023 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
Time flying
Hump day today... Not that it really matters. When you're retired, the days all blend into one another. The major downside to this fact is when the days blend, then the weeks blend, the months blend and next thing you know, it's Christmas again...and you sit back and wonder "where did the time go?" It feels like I waste too much time, but, I'm not sure if I really do since I am always trying to learn something.


Currently, my pursuits revolve around photography and they are anything but simple. I want to photograph nature and wildlife. That means being able to find subjects. Books on hunting and biology of various species fill my shelves. I even purchased a small boat so I could follow near the shore in hopes of finding animals that come down for a drink. Studying these animals, finding when they are most active, what the eat, reproductive habits...the list seems endless. Then I took a tangent into fishing. I figured if I was out sitting on the water and hoping for some type of animal to show up, I might as well take a fishing pole and maybe catch some dinner. Well, that leads me to learning about the various species of fish that inhabit the waters I'll be in. Once again, we get down to food, reproduction, times of most activity. Food of course brought me to insects, amphibians, anything else that would be of interest. Insects of course pointed me to entomology...knowing the species of insects I find can point me towards which species of fish. I swear, it is an endless circle which seems to be ever expanding.


And of course, photography isn't something you learn over night. Cameras, lenses, flashes, tripods...once again, that endless curve. That expands right into image editing on the computer. I have sympathy for my brain. I'm too old for all this...but, I don't let that stop me. A big part of this then delves into obtaining photographs for publication and being able to write accompanying articles. So today I started my online course of writing for magazines. My bookshelves are overloaded. My brain is overloaded. I won't give in though, as they say, "no rest for the wicked!"


I'll call that a wrap for today. I have books to skim through and the day is still young.


© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057639-Time-flying