*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057806-TUYC---story-of-Jonah
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1057806 added October 21, 2023 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
TUYC - story of Jonah
Prayer prompt:
Pray for your local hospital staff.

Blog prompt:
What lessons do you think we can learn from the story of Jonah?



Jonah is a book of the Old Testament. It is only 4 chapters long and is located between Obadiah and Micah. It starts out with God speaking to Jonah and asking him to go to Nineveh to preach against the wickedness there. Instead, Jonah fled from Him and tried to go to Tarshish. After causing the ship to toss and turn, the sailors asked Jonah what they should do. Jonah knew the storm was for his disobedience, so he told the sailors to throw him overboard. After fighting the storm for a bit more, they ended up throwing Jonah overboard.

God had prepared a great fish to carry Jonah back toward Nineveh. Jonah was in the belly of the fish for three days and nights.

Jonah repented, and went and preached against Nineveh. The people of Nineveh and even their king repented of their sins. Jonah was mad at God for withholding punishment because they repented.

From this story, we learn that God is willing that no one should perish, but come to Him and have everlasting life. He is a God of mercy and of forgiveness. It is not up to us to judge others, but to obey and have compassion for those who are lost.

Just my two cents' worth.


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057806-TUYC---story-of-Jonah