*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058018-New-lenses
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1058018 added October 24, 2023 at 7:47pm
Restrictions: None
New lenses?
I've been wanting a new lens for my newest camera. It's a mirrorless so my current lenses need an adapter to fit. The new lenses made for the mirrorless cameras are actually a smidge clearer and they focus faster. And they don't need the adapter.
Lenses are not inexpensive. I have a big lens that I rarely use. It's bulky and not exactly light weight. I tried to borrow some money from my son to get the lens I want but he said no dice, sell some of what I already have. This started the gears turning.

There is a site on the internet that buys and sells photography equipment so I sent them a note, told them what I have and asked for a quote. They gave me a ridiculously low figure. I nicely (a rarity) sent a response that it was way too low so they sent the information to another person. They asked me for the exact model and wanted a picture. I did that and they came back with a substantially larger figure. I accepted and they sent me shipping labels to print and it will go to get shipped tomorrow.

Then, I should be able to get 2 lenses and if I'm lucky, I'll have enough left over for a cup of coffee!
Doctor appointment in the morning with a new doctor. I'm not exactly sure where the clinic is so I need to leave a bit early. Plus, it will be rush hour traffic. Once that is complete, I can take my lens to the shipping/packing place and get it sent off.


I had to wrangle around my days to head to the Blueridge. Lodging rates varied substantially depending on what days so instead of leaving Friday, I'll leave Sunday. I have an appointment Friday morning so I was going to end up getting a late start but by leaving on Sunday, I can start out early. That should work out well.
That's a wrap for today.



© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058018-New-lenses