*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058038-The-Coup
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #2306603
Misadventures of a pocket sized dragon.
#1058038 added October 25, 2023 at 9:58am
Restrictions: None
The Coup
I woke up the next morning with a plan. I would keep sentry of the castle until I found a way to repay the princess' kindness no matter how small the deed. Weeks later while napping on a high ledge in the armory, I overheard a plot to make a coup. I listened very closely & discovered that the next day when the king went out for a royal hunt, the princess would be taken hostage by the knights & used to force the king to do what they wished. So the next day when the king was a mile away from the castle, I swooped down & spooked the horse. The king was thrown & was very angry. He came after me with bow & arrow. It was a good thing I made a small target. I lead him back to the castle just as the knights were rushing into the keep. The king sensed that his daughter was their target, put down the bow, & picked up his sword. He roared a battle cry & threw himself into the frey. Five were slain by his hand & 3 were taken out by my flame to their eyes. After the battle, the king rushed to his daughter with open arms.
© Copyright 2023 Massive Friendly Derg (UN: dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Massive Friendly Derg has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058038-The-Coup