*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058042-Two-Concepts-to-Tango-With
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1058042 added October 25, 2023 at 11:14am
Restrictions: None
Two Concepts to Tango With
Prompt: Let it be and Let it go. How often have you used these concepts to get through problems that arise?

-----------

Such powerful and profound concepts these are, yet so simple and easy to say! At first glance they add meaning to various aspects of life such as personal growth, decision making, and emotional health. The mindset behind them, the way I look at it, is encouragement with acceptance of the unwanted or the terrible, releasing the pain from it, and being able to move forward.

"Let it be" reminded me of a famous Beatles song, which I used to love and still do, for it points to the "letting be" and accepting the challenging situations and finding in me the trust that time will do its healing. "Letting it be" can reduce the stress, accept the imperfections, and focus on what I can change.

It other words, "letting it be" enhances my resilience. Resilience has been a life motto for me ever since a very astute high-school home-ec teacher, Miss Lindsay, introduced its true meaning to me and my classmates. "The most important and enduring thing you can instill in yourselves is resilience. It will see you to the end," she said. I think I wrote about Miss Lindsay before. I am still thanking her from the bottom of my heart and may she rest in peace.

Then, "let it go," means to me releasing grudges and stopping to carry emotional baggage, and if I can hack it, it tells me to live in the present. It is tougher than "let it be." This is because the mind has a sneaky way of recalling and resurfacing old rotten stuff and bugging the present with it.

Luckily, in my old age, I have finally come to the decision of letting it go. This decision may be a conclusion, too. It means forgiving and forgetting all wrongs done to me and doing away with (I hope) all my fears and insecurities. It has been some kind of an empowerment for me and I hope my mind keeps on cooperating. It might have been a little late in coming, but it is now a very welcome concept in my life.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058042-Two-Concepts-to-Tango-With