*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058060-BCoF---10252023---A-Summit-Meeting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1058060 added October 26, 2023 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
BCoF - 10/25/2023 - A Summit Meeting
Santa stands up at the head of the table. His confreres are Thanksgiving Turkey, Wicked Witch, Ghoulie Ghost, Cornucopia of Blessing, and of course, Rudolph.

"I have called this meeting for one reason. The Holiday season is upon us, and there have been some complaints that I have been hording in on other's seasonal times. I'd like your input in regards to this complaint."

Wicked Witch stands abruptly. She sets her broom against the table. Addressing Santa, she scowls grimly. "It is true, Santa. It has become a systemic problem that is getting worse year by year. Back-to-school is barely done, and there you are! Right next to the Halloween Candy, there are Christmas trees and stockings! There's hardly a 'How do you do?' and Halloween is just a footnote."


Thomas, aka Thanksgiving Turkey, also stands up. Have mercy, please! At least Halloween has it's very own celebrations - and what do I get? a few napkins, and maybe a platter? There isn't time or thought put into Thanksgiving anymore! People are just too busy to get together to celebrate family anymore. Santa, your arsenal of toys and twinkling lights and snowmen are just something we cannot win against."

Santa looked at his holiday confreres in sadness. "It's true. People are in such a hurry to get through the holidays, that they don't stop to think about what they are overlooking. They see a change in weather, start having fires in their fireplaces and only start grumbling until Spring is here again. I suggest perhaps we come up with a way to remind people to take their time over the holidays. Remember the fun of trick-or-treating; going over to a family member's home with assorted baked goodies and giving thanks for each other. Then end the year with good wishes for one another. Presents are not the end-all of the year. Being thankful and grateful is."

With that, the Holiday Conference went their separate ways. It would be nice if the fun, the gratefulness and the blessings would come back to the forefront of the Season. Only time will tell.




prompt
Day 3901: October 25, 2023


signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058060-BCoF---10252023---A-Summit-Meeting