*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058109-A-Conspiracy-of-Millions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Political · #2264247
Warning: not a safe space for conservative snowflakes
#1058109 added October 26, 2023 at 3:38pm
Restrictions: None
A Conspiracy of Millions

Imagine your buddy asks for a ride to the minimart. You’re not busy so you drive him down and listen to some tunes while he goes in for a six-pack. He grabs the beer from the cooler and then pulls a gun out of his pocket and robs the cashier on the way out. The instant you leave the parking lot, you become an accessory to armed robbery. It doesn’t matter whether you witnessed or even knew the crime had been committed. In the eyes of the law, you’re the getaway driver and ignorance is no excuse. You don’t have a choice, because your buddy chose for you.

This is exactly the situation for tens of millions of Magamobsters. Their good buddy set a conspiracy in motion that resulted in a crime, and they went along for the ride. They are co-conspirators regardless of intention or excuse. Dear leader made the choice for them. And they're subject to prosecution just as much as the accessory to armed robbery.

The law concerning criminal conspiracy is not entirely intuitive. It purposely casts a very wide net as a deterrent to those who profit most from organized crime. A charge of conspiracy requires only a criminal act and concerted efforts in support of that crime. Coordination of those concerted efforts need not be proven. The conspirators don’t have to be on a list, attend meetings, or even know each other. Conspiracy doesn’t require that the conspirator commit or even be present for the criminal act, only that they support it and/or profit from it.

The events of Jan 6 were criminal. That’s a legally established fact. Many of the participants have already been found guilty and sentenced for their criminal actions. Many more criminal trials are scheduled. Members of the Oath Keepers have been found guilty of seditious conspiracy, so conspiracy has also been legally established. The Fox news-actors have given testimony in the Dominion Voting Systems lawsuit that they knowingly participated in the conspiracy by promoting the big lie of election fraud. But Fox and the Oath Keepers didn’t act alone. The Jan 6 committee produced ample evidence in the form of texts and emails to establish that a much wider conspiracy exists.

The core of that wider conspiracy is the fraudulent claim that Donald Trump won the 2020 presidential election. The admitted goal of the conspiracy is to put a failed, one-term, twice-impeached ex-president back in office by overturning a valid election. There is no legal process to overturn the election, but Donald Trump didn’t care about legality. Department of Justice officials have testified that Trump told them: “Just say that the election was corrupt . . . leave the rest to me and the Republican Congressmen”. We can only speculate that he expected corrupt court appointees to rule in his favor when the illegal actions were challenged. There is precedent for this belief. The Supreme Court interfered in the 2000 presidential election and awarded Florida’s electoral votes to George W. Bush. Faced with this pre-emptive ruling, Al Gore conceded the election.

So, the elements of crime and conspiracy are already proven. And the big lie that Donald Trump won the 2020 presidential election has been shown to be at the core of the conspiracy. That means everyone who helped spread the big lie is a co-conspirator. And it doesn’t matter whether they believed the lie, because ignorance is not an excuse under the law. Those who continue to spread the big lie are essentially pleading guilty with each and every utterance. The only question that remains is where to incarcerate 30 million hard-core Trump supporters. Their guilt is already established.
© Copyright 2023 Words Whirling 'Round (UN: tgifisher77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Words Whirling 'Round has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058109-A-Conspiracy-of-Millions