*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058173-Recouping-in-the-Media-Room
Rated: 18+ · Book · Music · #2231553
Fictitious and delicious!
#1058173 added October 27, 2023 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
Recouping in the Media Room
"Badge, please."

Dana huffed. "One second."

Grabbing the red and white lanyard, she yanked her press badge far enough up for the security guard to verify the faces matched. Without a word, the guard waved her through. Dana nodded in thanks and barreled for the door. Her ponytail brushed the Media Room sign taped to the door.

Once inside, she waved at a couple people from Variety magazine covering this VidCon. At least they had stopped being starstruck in Dana's presence. The same could not be said for the three photographers on their laptops, plugging away at photo review. Dana slowed her pace, focusing on walking around their table to reach her gear while making as little sound as she could manage. Before reaching her rolling suitcase, Dana stopped when she heard the door open. Soon, a member of the convention center's catering staff stepped in with a rolling cart. Everyone else in the room stopped what they were doing.

"Food!" one of the reporters cheered, prompting Dana to snort.

While everyone else watched the staff member unload the cart, Dana took the opportunity to reach her rolling bag and set her backpack down. She fished out her flamingo pouch from the larger of the two bags and grabbed a familiar green pillbox. It took her no time to pop two Cortef pills and wash them down with the last ounces in her water bottle.

Once Dana looked up, she spotted the majority of the people hovering near several platters. About half of them contained various baked goods, but Dana spotted some fruit baskets in the mix. he walked over to investigate the offerings. Indeed, one of the baskets contained a variety of stone fruits.

"This is truly a plum gig," she muttered while making her selection.

It took some effort on her part to not snicker at the groans rippling through the room.

Dana took the time to sit down and have a proper break. While she knew she'd have to go back and walk the con floor, she needed some time to herself. As it was, she had just taken her medicine within the window for her afternoon dose. If she ended up misgauging her timing, she'd rather be in a secluded area for any potential crisis. The lack of echoing chatter sweetened the prospect of camping out in the media room, as well.

While working on the last of her snacks, Dana felt her phone buzz in her vest. She dug it out and found a text from Morgan.

Morgan: Where are you?


Dana glanced around the room, which had emptied out a little bit.

Dana: Media room. Needed a break.

Morgan: Yeah, it has been a bit crazy.

Dana: Do I need to get the number ticker?

Morgan: LOL! Well, you might, but not for me.


At that, Dana's brow furrowed. Who on Earth was attracting the crowds this year?

Dana: Dare I ask?

Morgan: It's certainly a surprise to me.

Dana: Who is it?

Morgan: One sec. Gotta get a pic.


Dana polished off her plum while waiting for Morgan to send the photo. When it came over, Dana thanked any and all deities that she had no food or drink in her mouth. In the midst of a surprisingly gender mixed crowd, she spotted a familiar vivid t-shirt and tuft of brown/silver hair.

Dana: Holy crap! Yeah, Matthew probably needs that number ticker!

Morgan: I think HarHar has it. I'll try to track him down.

Dana: Where are you now?

Morgan: Over by the vendor booth row with Fowl Language at the end.

Dana: Alright. Once I refill my water bottle, I'll be right over.

Morgan: *Bigsmile* I'll see you shortly.


With that, Dana grabbed her backpack and hoisted it onto her right shoulder. She was not about to miss this!

© Copyright 2023 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058173-Recouping-in-the-Media-Room