*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058314-Day-31---Wrapping-Up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2305610
Plotting a novel from scratch for a change of pace. Should be fun.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1058314 added October 30, 2023 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
Day 31 - Wrapping Up
Premise Revision

1) Setting

Most of the story takes place in Llandudno, except for the opening chapter which takes place in Dave's home.

2) Protagonists

Dave

Flaws: Dave can be both stubborn and tactless at times. He sees himself as being plain speaking, but goes too far on occasion.

His goal is to make a good end to his life and spend time with his lifelong friends.

Jim

Jim's major flaw is that he is capricious, given to flights of fancy and sudden impulses. He has had a string of hobbies that he's bought kit for and been briefly deeply into, before becoming distracted by the next big thing.

He is currently bored with everything and feels trapped in his life and his job.

His goal is to make some major changes to his life so as to feel that it is worth living, though he is not sure what changes he should make. Jim feels too old to start his own business, and wonders if he should take early retirement.

Richard

Flaws: He is a shy man and usually very awkward in any company other than his close friends. He is also rather gullible and is easily fooled, or led astray.

Goal: Richard desires to explore his inner inclinations, which he is very reluctant to even discuss. He wants to find true love with someone.

3) Conflicts

Jim doesn't know what he wants, and just knows he is bored. Dave is frustrated that he doesn't feel he has made any lasting mark on the world. Richard is trapped in a marriage that is going nowhere. In short the conflicts - difficulties are largely the men themselves.

4) The antagonists are Paul and Nick Probert, and Shaun Smith.

5) Resolution

In the end, Richard get the girl Maddy and the new relationship brings him happiness. Dave learns that he isn't in fact dying, it was a hospital mix up. Jim decides to write a book, and feels good about this. The trio have another lottery win, and decide to have another holiday, (with Maddy) somewhere further afield.

6) Theme

As there are three protagonists, it is not surprising that the story has several themes. The obvious one is about bonds of friendship, as the trio share their exploits.

One of the main themes is 'boy meets girl', although slightly modified and updated as the girl was once a boy. This applies to Richard.

Dave is dealing with mortality, believing himself to be dying.

Jim is dealing with the staleness of life and the urge to change something.
© Copyright 2023 Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness (UN: adherennium at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adherennium Dr of Phoolishness has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058314-Day-31---Wrapping-Up