*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058359-Round-4-Unstabled-Writers---assignments-1234
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1058359 added October 31, 2023 at 12:07pm
Restrictions: None
Round 4 Unstabled Writers - assignments 1,2,3,4
Welcome Batty Unstabled Writers,

This is the big one! This cycyle you will complete a 50,000 word project of your choice. Succesful completion of this project will result in getting the exclusive Unstabled Writer's plaque! So far, it has not been given out...it is brand new!

When you complete ALL the assignments, you will get the Unstabled Merit Badge at the end of October.

In December, you should have a completed first draft of your project. This cycle will be a bit different. This cycle YOU are responsible for editing your own project. We WILL swap with a buddy but you will give your buddy a review...not an edit.

Are you ready to get writing? Let's GO!


Assignment ONE: this week you need to choose your project and write a 500 word description of your proposed project. The more detail you can provide, the better. 500 words is the MINNIMUM....there is no maximum. Your deadline is the second Saturday of October by midnight WDC time. Please post your assignment below, thank you.


Week 1 assignment:


 
STATIC
The Book of Proverbs & Other Wise Words  (E)
Two for one - Two totally different themes - Oh boy!
#2292943 by AmyJo- only 2 steps behind -



Greetings Unstabled Writer,

First, congratulations on completing week one and just getting started. That in and of itself is a major accomplishment. If your doing OctPrep, you'll have already done this next assignment. If that is the case, then this week you should see how you can update or expand on what you already have. Maybe play around with different outline styles...there are many you can try!

For those NOT doing OctPrep, the assignment this week is to create a working outline for your story. You may choose any outline format you like. This is meant to be a working outline, which means as your story develops, your outline will change and need to be regularly revised. An outline is just a tool to help you keep your story flowing in the right direction.

I'd like you to not only post a link to your outline below, but also please take a few minutes to tell everyone how an outline helps YOU. What benefit do YOU get from making an outline? DO you get any benefits from it? What do you like/dislike the most about outlines?

Remember, your assignment is due by the end of the day Saturday. We have an even dozen writer's, as one member has already self deleted. Currently, everyone else is on schedule! GO WRITERS GO!!

"Working Outline for Proverbs 31 Woman


Hello Writers!

You are ALL doing fantastic on your projects, and I am very proud of each and every one of you. Last week you completed your outlines and let me say, everyone did terrific. There are some amazing outlines! I was very pleased with the comments and responses to the questions about outlines and am glad each of you shared your thoughts.

Moving right along into this week, we are going to work on Character development by creating profiles for EACH of your characters in your story. Previously, I simply requested a profile for your MAIN characters, but have learned the hard way (myself) it is equally important to develop your supporting characters just as much as it is for your main characters. Therefore, this cycle I'm extending the assignment to include ALL your story's characters.

IF you are doing OctPrep, then you have already worked on SOME of your character profiles, mostly your protagonist and antagonist. So, you can spend more time on your other characters.

Once you post your character profiles below, please tell us, what you like MOST about creating character profiles. What do you find the HARDEST, Does making a Character profile help YOU in your writing? What are some problems you run into with character development?

Good Luck this week writers and keep at it! We are almost DONE with the assignments :)

My character development seems simple enough...if you can call the Proverbs 31 woman "simple" LOL *FacePalm*. I will go through her verse by verse and explain what her character is (at least according to me). I'm busy reading and writing notes in order to try to write out 50k words in this study.




Greetings Writers,

Everyone is doing great this cycle! We are now heading into our final work week before we start our Write A Thon month.

This week, your assignment is to complete any necessary research. Organize your notes and make sure you have everything ready for November. This is your time to get organized. Stock your pens/pencils, make sure you have note pads and a clutter free work space.

Some of you should maybe do some advanced prep work for meals, tell your families that next month you will be zeroing in on your writing and ask them to pick up the slack on laundry, cooking/cleaning and other tasks you may not have time for. Stock your fridge with plenty of snack and fluids to keep you energized and hydrated. Cover all your basis and get all your ducks in a nice little row...or at least all in the same basket!

The more you accomplish this week, the easier and smoother things will go in November. Since there is nothing really to turn in this week, I'd like you to take a few minutes and share with us some of the ways YOU prep for the November Write A Thon. What do you find the most helpful in getting ready? What is least helpful? Are you nervous about anything?

Have a good week this week Writers!


I am going over my notes and getting planning done. I am going to try to follow my outline and even with a Parallel bible, I will also use my Vine's dictionary and even media notes, if I get them. I will be sure to give proper credit to anything outside of my brain...LOL



Oh my goodness Unstabled Writers,

It is finally that time! Today kicks off week one of our final write a thon month. ALL of your assignments for the month of October should be turned in by this time.

PLEASE, copy & paste the following EACH WEEK when you post your update.

Starting Word Count:
Word count for the week:
Total word count:
Link to item (use bitem or item):

**Partner for December:
(fill in once you decide on your partner, doesn't have to be filled in until the last week of November)


THIS round, I'm not going to tell you a specific word count to hit for each week. You are all ADULTS and can figure out what you need to write each week so that by the end of the month you have your 50,000 words. To be eligible for the Unstabled Plaque award, you have to WRITE at least 49,500 words this month. But, some weeks you'll write more than others. Just be sure to budget your time and words affectively.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Good Luck and Happy Writing to All.




signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058359-Round-4-Unstabled-Writers---assignments-1234