*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058440-The-305th-Day-of-the-Year-2023
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1058440 added November 1, 2023 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
The 305th Day of the Year 2023
1st Day of NaNo


         This year I find myself starting National Novel Month in a hotel on the prairies looking at mountains and listening to sea shanties. Needless to say that this NaNo has caught me a bit unprepared. My thoughts are currently on finishing a 4th draft of a short children's story for my nephew; I am halfway through finishing that at the moment. I suspect my thoughts won't turn to this month's novel until tomorrow or late this evening.


         In my back pocket I do have an idea for a story that I have been dreading putting on paper because it has to be perfect. And yet the old proverb rings out in my head, "If it is worth doing it is worth doing poorly to begin with." I jokingly blame my girlfriend for this story because I hadn't ever intended to write a straightforward romance until meeting her; I am much more a fantasy and sci-fi writer with a dash of romance on the side admittedly. But I really want to write something that she will love, and thinking of her compels me in this direction. I have also never written with a female main character as the focal point of my stories, so I am just completely out of my element as a writer.


Merry All Saints Day


         I would like to take a moment to remember the saints of the past. Let's all remember the time that Saint Nicolas walked across the room and decked a heretic at the Council of Nicaea. Onward Christian soldiers, for we do not war against men with strength of arms, but with the Gospel of Peace we wage war against spiritual powers and principalities.



Memento Mori,


*Shield4* KS *Quill*          


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.{/right

© Copyright 2023 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058440-The-305th-Day-of-the-Year-2023