*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058704-A-Day-For-Stress
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1058704 added November 2, 2023 at 7:59pm
Restrictions: None
A Day For Stress?
National Stress Awareness Day

This prompt seems fitting for my day yesterday; I know, I'm catching up because I wasn't home yesterday...

We had to drive to St. Cloud over a hearing aid matter which I wrote about in "Perpetual Ruminations so I'm not going to write about it here. Also, I wrote my first entry second, so you can read that in my previous entry and understand some of the stress.

National Stress Awareness Day was fitting for the misdirections, the circle jerks (turn-a-bouts), and the rest of the day, including meeting traffic while driving on a divided highway. Also, we had just gotten a couple of inches of wet snow and fifty percent of the populace don't remember how to drive on slippery roads.

Of course, it started with a visit to the clinic for a head cold, which is always stressful, then the three-hour drive, Google giving us wrong directions, someone sitting at a dead stop on an overpass (we avoided rear-ending them and also managed to swerve in front of the car trying to pass us on the shoulder without more than a few inches between vehicles on both sides; my wife was white as a ghost) and I forgot to bring coffee, so was at the mercy of gas-station-swill. Yep, all the ingredients for stress, and I was more than aware of it.

But, after all the stress and confusion, we stopped by and had a nice visit with my son, his wife, and two grandchildren. I finally got some coffee that wouldn't remove paint, enjoyed the surprise we gave our granddaughter, and had a nice dinner and visit with them. We left a bit later than we had intended, but that worked out, there was little traffic and the drive home was pleasant and relaxing. I guess when National Stress Awareness Day ends, so do the stressful events. Maybe they shouldn't have a day for stress, I think life provides plenty without it...



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058704-A-Day-For-Stress