*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058888
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#1058888 added November 4, 2023 at 1:36pm
Restrictions: None
First Job, What I Learned
Prompt: Write about your first job and what it taught you.

I worked in Nursing 40 years but you can read those adventures in other Blog entries. So, my first short job. I was 15. I helped out at the Brazen Pit for 4 days, 4 hours a day. It was like a Dairy Queen.

What was my job? Taking food orders. A man ordered a donut. He wanted it to go and the boss said put it on a plate. He said he wanted it to go. I put it in a bag. I took orders for cheesesburgers and fries. There were no more customers. The boss had me washing windows and wiping tables.

So, a boy from school came in and ordered a malt. He was being nice. When he was with his friends, he was rude. This boy said make it a shake. He counted his money. He said he wanted a malt instead. I made him a chocolate malt but I was lousy at making shakes and malts. He paid for the malt shake and said thanks.

I had to count change and wasn't good at counting change.

The cash register didn't match the receipts. The one girl I worked with cooked the food and messed up two orders and didn't care. I didn't think I was at fault.

My ice cream sundaes. The ice cream was on it's side and I couldn't get the dispenser to do it right.

After three more days, I wasn't asked to come back. I knew I didn't want a job in food business. I am glad they didn't have me cook. I hate cooking.

I worked as a QMA Nurse for 40 some years. I didn't always love it but I was better with pills and nursing procedures then I was with food. I am retired now and I don't miss work. I still have things to do around the house and recovering from knee replacement. I am doing better.
Snow Queen Image. Gift from Tracker.


© Copyright 2023 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058888