*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058958
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#1058958 added November 5, 2023 at 4:30pm
Restrictions: None
Tom Turkey Pleads His Case Or I Am
Prompt: Here's your opportunity to get up on the podium for your good friend Tom. He's a turkey and he's asked you to save his life by speaking up for him at the town meeting. What do you want to say on his behalf? And what would you offer as a replacement for for Tom Turkey at Thanksgiving dinner. Have fun!

I stand before you to plead for Tom Turkey's life. He's a good friend. He saved my cat from a coyote by attacking the coyote. He pecked at the coyote and jumped on him. The coyote left. A man tried to steal my package off the porch and Tom Turkey chased the man by running after him. Tom and my cat are friends. Tom is a friend to all the barn yard animals.

Benjamín Franklin wanted the turkey to be the nation's bird instead of the American Eagle. Would you kill an American Eagle and make him our dinner? Of course not! Pretend Tom is America's national bird!

Tom loves everyone and he doesn't deserve to be dinner. He watches TV with me and helps me get the chickens to come to the pen so I can feed them. Tom also calms the horses down when it storms. I owe Tom a lot and he is my pet. You don't need to eat him.

How about fried salmon patties, salmon loaf, tuna fish casserole, baked potatoes, creamed corn, baked beans, bread of all kinds and any food that isn't an animal except fish. Fish you don't get to know like you do other animals. Fish, no animal meat and all other food is a go as long as it doesn't involve meat.

Think about it. Don't eat Tom Turkey. Get to know him and be his friend and you will agree. Tom Turkey is not on trial. I beg you to spare his life. Please!

A cute Princess image I got that reminds me of Elsa of Frozen.

© Copyright 2023 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1058958