*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059183-Just-got-back-from-the-post-office
Rated: 18+ · Book · Community · #2257034
Birthday Bash Relay. Excited on Second Place! Now for various WDC contests and activities
#1059183 added November 9, 2023 at 4:04am
Restrictions: None
Just got back from the post office
Nov. 9 at GPO Bangalore



Today is National Legal Services Day.

I know this because I collect Post Marks!

This hobby of collecting post marks has taught me a lot and helped me to meet many like-minded people.

Today, I'll tell you of my post office visit, leaving out no detail, however slight.

1. I was aware that the new rule, implemented for the first time today, required a payment of Rs. 2 per cancelation over and above the postage already paid. I wasn't sure if that meant cash on the spot or an additional stamp to be stuck. If it meant the latter, it would lead to a lot of work at the P.O. I wondered whether to do it at home. Then I decided not to risk it.
Turns out I was right! *Smile* We don't have to stick additional stamps for the cancelation fee. We have to count the number of cancelations, pay the amount and get a token accordingly.
2. I obtained the token and went for the cancelation. There was a lady already there, getting hers done. she was getting the 'free' one, not today's special one. I wonder how they're going to cope with people who have paid and people who haven't in the same queue, in future.
3. I got my cancelations done.
These included two to folks in "The Snail Mail Group.
One of my friends in Bangalore hasn't been receiving his snail mail so I took a photo of the one to him and sent it, so that he could what-heck the post ofice at his end.
I put 55 mail-able items in the box and 20 extras in my bag.
4. I went to buy philatelic stamps.
Picking Philatelic Stamps - mostly Rs. 5

There, I bought some Rs. 20 sheets and one Rs. 25 stamp - but mostly Rs. 5 stamps. There were two 'legal' themed philatelic stamps so I affixed those on yellow postcards and, having duly paid Rs. 2 each, got them stamped, too. I got the free one on each as well!
Got a good haul of Rs. 5 stamps.
5. Messaged my friend about how the new rule is being implemented, to prevent him from sticking extra stamps.
6. Passed the Dairy on the way home, bought milk, curd and cheese.

© Copyright 2023 THANKFUL SONALI Now What? (UN: mesonali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
THANKFUL SONALI Now What? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059183-Just-got-back-from-the-post-office