*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059713-Lunch-For-Mom
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1059713 added November 18, 2023 at 6:41pm
Restrictions: None
Lunch For Mom
Written for "Invalid Item, prompt: Pack Your Mom's Lunch Day.

I'm still trying to catch up, so this item is written for Nov, 15 which was, among other things, Pack Mom's Lunch Day.

Growing up, my mom often packed my school lunch for me, but since she was a stay at home mom, I never had opportunity to pack one for her. Years later, however, I would often cook for her when I'd visit. I know, it's not quite the same as packing her a lunch, but lunch is lunch whether it's out of a paper bag or hot off the stove.

Towards the end of her time wit us, she was in a care facility as her body began shutting down. The staff had a difficult time getting her to eat anything, so I would bring her items I knew she favored so she would be able to eat a little.

Now, my mother-in-law is the mom I make lunch for. She lives in an apartment and tends to not eat very healthy. So, I make up big batches of wholesome, homemade soups, chili, and hot dishes a couple times a week for our dinner, and my wife and I bring her containers she can put in her freezer. In this way, I make sure she has nourishing meals at hand; something she can pop in the microwave and heat up easily for lunch or dinner.


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1059713-Lunch-For-Mom